+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Changing managers outside the window

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Changing managers outside the window

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We'd have gone down if we stuck with Trollope until Jan 1st. We comfortably stayed up under Warnock but Warnock picked up 16 points in 2016, and 3 more on Jan 2nd (Warnock wouldn't have been able to turn things around in a day!), so 19 in 12 games. We'd have got 8 points under Trollope, so an 11 point gain. We stayed up by 11 points.

Obviously, that's highly subjective but I think we'd have struggled had Warnock come in January as opposed to October.
    I think your right we would have gone down with Trollope .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    who knows, I tihnk he was a bit unlucky with injuries, but we will never knw

the other clubs wouldn't have been able to sack their managers either so there would have been other clubs down there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    who knows, I tihnk he was a bit unlucky with injuries, but we will never knw

the other clubs wouldn't have been able to sack their managers either so there would have been other clubs down there too.
    Injuries? To who? This is the team from his last game, pretty much full strength and my God, it was bad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37460401

His system relied hugely on the wingbacks, and I may be wrong, but I think one or both first choice wingbacks were t available for pretty much the entire time he was with us.
    I'm not saying we would have been top half or anything.

His system relied hugely on the wingbacks, and I may be wrong, but I think one or both first choice wingbacks were t available for pretty much the entire time he was with us.
    I think you're being extremely kind but don't want to derail the thread, so we'll agree to disagree!

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...f/teams/358175

Trollope is a great coach by all accounts. He was a total waste as a manager. Being a manager didn't play to his strengths, which is coaching. It's a totally different job. That's not Trollope's fault, either. It's a bit like Osian Roberts being touted as Welsh boss, when he's far more effective in his current role.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Trollope is an excellent No2,Euros with Wales,Promotion with Brighton,who knows if he was given more time! Problem was that he was away with Wales during preseason.