+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing managers outside the window

Changing managers outside the window

Should not be allowed. Poor Southampton would have won on Saturday have no doubt.

Death should allow a caretaker from within the club to stand in. Otherwise no manager should change except in the window.

Discuss.

Re: Changing managers outside the window

Makes sense

What a cracking suggestion. 100% agree

I'd draw the curtains before the missus got an eyeful.

After seeing Harry Redknapp crack-washing in the jungle showers the other day I think this is a very good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Should not be allowed. Poor Southampton would have won on Saturday have no doubt.

Death should allow a caretaker from within the club to stand in. Otherwise no manager should change except in the window.

Discuss.
    Better hire more home security for the under pressure managers.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Better hire more home security for the under pressure managers.
    I'm not so sure, I think a lot of clubs would pull the trigger after bad starts and in January, as there's less opportunity to "ride out the storm", as you'll be left with a dud manager for 4 months.

I think clubs should be able to what they want regarding managers.

The windows are hectic and crazy enough.

Why should you have to ride out half the season with a failing manager? Or worse, with a manager that knows he's getting sacked on January 1st? Managers have agents too. How would we feel if we had a manager that was already tapped up to go somewhere else? Or manager that was waiting for a phone call all month only to suddenly end up elsewhere at 11pm on January 31st?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think clubs should be able to what they want regarding managers.

The windows are hectic and crazy enough.

Why should you have to ride out half the season with a failing manager? Or worse, with a manager that knows he's getting sacked on January 1st? Managers have agents too. How would we feel if we had a manager that was already tapped up to go somewhere else? Or manager that was waiting for a phone call all month only to suddenly end up elsewhere at 11pm on January 31st?
    We'd have gone down if we stuck with Trollope until Jan 1st. We comfortably stayed up under Warnock but Warnock picked up 16 points in 2016, and 3 more on Jan 2nd (Warnock wouldn't have been able to turn things around in a day!), so 19 in 12 games. We'd have got 8 points under Trollope, so an 11 point gain. We stayed up by 11 points.

Obviously, that's highly subjective but I think we'd have struggled had Warnock come in January as opposed to October.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'm not so sure, I think a lot of clubs would pull the trigger after bad starts and in January, as there's less opportunity to "ride out the storm", as you'll be left with a dud manager for 4 months.
    Couldn’t do it after a bad start now, window shut before the season’s start didn’t it?

We'd have gone down if we stuck with Trollope until Jan 1st. We comfortably stayed up under Warnock but Warnock picked up 16 points in 2016, and 3 more on Jan 2nd (Warnock wouldn't have been able to turn things around in a day!), so 19 in 12 games. We'd have got 8 points under Trollope, so an 11 point gain. We stayed up by 11 points.

Obviously, that's highly subjective but I think we'd have struggled had Warnock come in January as opposed to October.
    I think your right we would have gone down with Trollope .

More nonsense from always away

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    who knows, I tihnk he was a bit unlucky with injuries, but we will never knw

the other clubs wouldn't have been able to sack their managers either so there would have been other clubs down there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    who knows, I tihnk he was a bit unlucky with injuries, but we will never knw

the other clubs wouldn't have been able to sack their managers either so there would have been other clubs down there too.
    Injuries? To who? This is the team from his last game, pretty much full strength and my God, it was bad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37460401

His system relied hugely on the wingbacks, and I may be wrong, but I think one or both first choice wingbacks were t available for pretty much the entire time he was with us.
    I'm not saying we would have been top half or anything.

His system relied hugely on the wingbacks, and I may be wrong, but I think one or both first choice wingbacks were t available for pretty much the entire time he was with us.
    I think you're being extremely kind but don't want to derail the thread, so we'll agree to disagree!

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...f/teams/358175

I think you're being extremely kind but don't want to derail the thread, so we'll agree to disagree!

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...f/teams/358175
    Um, that's not how this works.
    You now have to bring this topic into every thread on here until we both become seething balls of resentment and rage. Eventually one of us will die and the other will be the winner.

What is remarkable is in both City teams on the links are 7 players who are now in our Premier league squad

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    What is remarkable is in both City teams on the links are 7 players who are now in our Premier league squad
    And one in the Norwich team

And one in the Norwich team
    Who scored!

Who scored!
    Absolute belter too from memory

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Trollope is an excellent No2,Euros with Wales,Promotion with Brighton,who knows if he was given more time! Problem was that he was away with Wales during preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    More nonsense from always away
    To be fair, he's starting a debate. He doesn't even say that its what he thinks should happen.

Trollope is a great coach by all accounts. He was a total waste as a manager. Being a manager didn't play to his strengths, which is coaching. It's a totally different job. That's not Trollope's fault, either. It's a bit like Osian Roberts being touted as Welsh boss, when he's far more effective in his current role.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Trollope is a great coach by all accounts. He was a total waste as a manager. Being a manager didn't play to his strengths, which is coaching. It's a totally different job. That's not Trollope's fault, either. It's a bit like Osian Roberts being touted as Welsh boss, when he's far more effective in his current role.
    I'm just glad other industries are more forgiving than football