+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another defeat for Southampton

Another defeat for Southampton

Out of the League Cup on penalties to Leicester.

Theu have three tough games coming up.

Man Utd H, Spurs A, Cardiff A.

VAR tonight denied them a late goal before losing the shoot out.

Has Hughes got long to go?

Re: Another defeat for Southampton

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Out of the League Cup on penalties to Leicester.

Theu have three tough games coming up.

Man Utd H, Spurs A, Cardiff A.

VAR tonight denied them a late goal before losing the shoot out.

Has Hughes got long to go?
    Can he please hang for a bit , my gut feeling ,he won't go if they lose agaisnt ManUre ,Spurs but the club will target the Cardiff game as his judgement game , , win he stays ,lose ,he' s gone .

3 games, hopefully.

However, I will be grateful for his work in helping relegate the Jacks last season. Sterling stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Can he please hang for a bit , my gut feeling ,he won't go if they lose agaisnt ManUre ,Spurs but the club will target the Cardiff game as his judgement game , , win he stays ,lose ,he' s gone .
    I tend to agree with you. They'll fancy a win against us, just as we fancy a win against them as things stand. It's one of the biggest fixtures we and Southampton will play this season as it would be a massive step towards safety.

Beat your relegation rivals, nick a win here or there from mid-table teams and grab a few draws from the 'big' teams and it might be enough.

I promise I'm a realistic Bluebird, but I don't think a cheeky win against Man Utd is off the cards. A pelanty summat....

They gave Hughes until the Fulham game and had lined up Ranieri. Then, Ranieri goes to Fulham :funny:

Won't be there for the Cardiff game, if he is even winning that won't save him. He is out, but they want a replacement through the door within 12 hours of him being booted.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    They gave Hughes until the Fulham game and had lined up Ranieri. Then, Ranieri goes to Fulham :funny:

Won't be there for the Cardiff game, if he is even winning that won't save him. He is out, but they want a replacement through the door within 12 hours of him being booted.
    Let’s hope they sack him a la Stoke and end up in the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I tend to agree with you. They'll fancy a win against us, just as we fancy a win against them as things stand. It's one of the biggest fixtures we and Southampton will play this season as it would be a massive step towards safety.

Beat your relegation rivals, nick a win here or there from mid-table teams and grab a few draws from the 'big' teams and it might be enough.

I promise I'm a realistic Bluebird, but I don't think a cheeky win against Man Utd is off the cards. A pelanty summat....
    Man Ure are dreadful and beatable, I think they are in that free fall spot Jose's Chelsea were a few years back .

I would not be shocked now they in the last 16 of Champions League they sack Jose ,those players don't look like they are playing for him any longer .