+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arter wants permanent Cardiff move.

Arter wants permanent Cardiff move.

Re: Arter wants permanent Cardiff move.

Good Player and if we stay up I'm sure we'll buy him - If we went down I'd like to hope he'd come with us as well

Funny how certain players suit a particular team/manager. Arter certainly suits us. Long may it continue.

I’d quite like Camarasa to say he wants to stay.

Would be a great addition. Works hard. Experienced at this and Championship level.

Absolutely an asset, great engine / energy, runs on Duracell but ..... we have to see more end result, some of those row Z shots need to be under the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Absolutely an asset, great engine / energy, runs on Duracell but ..... we have to see more end result, some of those row Z shots need to be under the stand.
    Corrected for you

The Bournemouth wages came out a few months ago and it was said he was on 40k a week. If this is close to being true then he'd need to take a huge pay cut to stay here, regardless of what league we're in.

Hope he does stay though, decent player at this level and I'd imagine he would be even better in the champ.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    The Bournemouth wages came out a few months ago and it was said he was on 40k a week. If this is close to being true then he'd need to take a huge pay cut to stay here, regardless of what league we're in.

Hope he does stay though, decent player at this level and I'd imagine he would be even better in the champ.
    I'd imagine all of our players get wage hikes if we remain in the Premier League. Our budget will likely increase if we can stay up too. His wages shouldn't be an issue.

[QUOTE=binman;4929469]Good Player and if we stay up I'm sure we'll buy him - If we went down I'd like to hope he'd come with us as well[/QUOTE]

Unlikely from his comments in the press conference quoted in the Independent article:

"Playing Premier League football is all I want to do," Arter said.

"That's something I feel I've worked very hard for in my career and not something I want to give up very easily.

"I'm 29 next month and I know if I step out of the Premier League it might be hard to get back there.

"I've said to my family already the dream season would be Cardiff to stay up, the manager to stay on and then hopefully I can sign because I've loved every minute of being here".

Our two loan players have proved to be better signings than our four permanent signings costing almost 30m,surely this is the way to go in January. Sign loan players permanently if they work out rather than have expensive failures like Tomlin and Madine still costing us a fortune?

Lets stay up for him then

I wonder if we might push this through in January and hope to get another loan from a pl player.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Corrected for you
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Our two loan players have proved to be better signings than our four permanent signings costing almost 30m,surely this is the way to go in January. Sign loan players permanently if they work out rather than have expensive failures like Tomlin and Madine still costing us a fortune?
    I think Murphy has been our best signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I think Murphy has been our best signing.
    I agree he is the best permanent signing although overall Camarasa is by far the best in my view whereas Reid has been a total waste.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I wonder if we might push this through in January and hope to get another loan from a pl player.
    Would be nice however he wants premiership football ,cant see it happening unless we write in a cheap transfer fee release clause , if we go down.?

I'm hoping this is first of several premier league quality players who are willing to give us a go because of how we have gone about the season so far with such positivity and support. Would be a nice reward.

I know i'd rather join us at the moment than Southampton or Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I agree he is the best permanent signing although overall Camarasa is by far the best in my view whereas Reid has been a total waste.
    Reid is good player. We're just not in a position to use him. We threw him in against Bournemouth and tried to pump long balls up to him and he just got battered. Since then he hasn't had a regular spot.

I'd love to see us us field a "finesse side" just once this season and see what happens.