+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 10 years ago tomorrow

10 years ago tomorrow

Swansea 2 v Cardiff 2. The one where McPhail got sent off and the match kicked off 11.15am.

How time flies

Re: 10 years ago tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Swansea 2 v Cardiff 2. The one where McPhail got sent off and the match kicked off 11.15am.

How time flies
    You'll need to narrow it down a bit more - McPhail had a habit of getting red cards against the jacks .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You'll need to narrow it down a bit more - McPhail had a habit of getting red cards against the jacks .
    Lol! Didn't the home fixture kick off at some ridiculosly early time as well? I have vague recollections of playing City songs on the piano in the Lansdowne before the game and watching a gang of Jehovah's Witnesses scurrying away from the group I was walking to the game with .

I remember watching the game mentioned in the op in a pub in Bath. Quite a few there, all supporting the Jacks.

Does anyone remember the time we drew 2-2 with them on Boxing Day or New Year's Day? We're 2-0 up after about 5 minutes and I missed both of the goals because I was still queueing up behind the Canton Stand. Shouldn't have had that last pint in the Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Lol! Didn't the home fixture kick off at some ridiculosly early time as well? I have vague recollections of playing City songs on the piano in the Lansdowne before the game and watching a gang of Jehovah's Witnesses scurrying away from the group I was walking to the game with .

I remember watching the game mentioned in the op in a pub in Bath. Quite a few there, all supporting the Jacks.
    11.00 a.m. in the morning.....on a Sunday. I think we were up at some ungodly hour like 6.30am to drive down from the Midlands. The sun was in the wrong place for those of us on the Bob Bank. Not shining in your eyes like normal. Very disorientating. And the park was covered in cans from those who didn't bother going to bed. 2-2 if memory serves me right.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    11.00 a.m. in the morning.....on a Sunday. I think we were up at some ungodly hour like 6.30am to drive down from the Midlands. The sun was in the wrong place for those of us on the Bob Bank. Not shining in your eyes like normal. Very disorientating. And the park was covered in cans from those who didn't bother going to bed. 2-2 if memory serves me right.
    Yes, very debatable penalty at the end.

We played the Jacks 7 times in all during 3 seasons in the Championship. Excluding injury time, we were ahead against them for 18 minutes in total over all those games but managed 2 wins. By contrast, they were in front for a total of 188 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, very debatable penalty at the end.

We played the Jacks 7 times in all during 3 seasons in the Championship. Excluding injury time, we were ahead against them for 18 minutes in total over all those games but managed 2 wins. By contrast, they were in front for a total of 188 minutes.
    That was the match where Mike Dean got hit by a coin wasn't it? Then he gave us a pen after Allen's goal. I remember nipping out to the shop and Canton had basically been shut down by 7pm that evening

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;4929654]Yes, very debatable penalty at the end.

QUOTE]

Nailed on penalty.