+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eddie Izzard - Is He Funny ?

Eddie Izzard - Is He Funny ?

I once had the opportunity to chat to Rhod Gilbert and he told me that he was his favourite comic. I note the EI has some gigs coming up and wondered what the consensus is on him ?

A good value night of comedy or not ?

Re: Eddie Izzard - Is He Funny ?

Not my bag or Rhod Gilbert either ,can't abide his voice.

I believe Eddie is a decent human though trying hard to change things in a tough political environment on Labour's NEC, don't think he's everyone's cup of tea in the Labour party . So credit where credit is due ,he could just stand back and be funny, make a decent living .

He’s as funny as dysentery.

If you like surreal humour then Eddie Izzard could well be up your street.

Rhod Gilbert is a good guide in my book. I remember seeing him perform a couple of times in Sheffield years before he was famous and he managed to hold the attention of 13 drunks and a sober whippet for 90 minutes (each time), so he knows his stuff.

bunch of flowers

Unfunny tranny
    The guys a fanny

Used to be really good, not seen much from him in years though

Saw him at the o2 a few years ago. Place was half-empty, which is hardly a surprise given the size of it. And comedy really does die across so many empty seats. There were a lot of Izzard fans there who seemed to have a good time. He made a few references to his famous death star canteen thing and that sent them wild. Not for me though - more the lack of atmosphere than the material really. The real point of note was that I learned that the o2 is willing and able to serve wine by the pint. I went to the bar at the interval and ordered a glass of wine. When asked how large, I thought of the additional hour I had to spend watching comedy on a stage about 100 meters away and replied, sarcastically, "a pint", assuming that the barman would tell me he couldn't do that. Not the case - without pausing he poured white wine right to the brim of a plastic pint glass, and asked me for a tenner.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Saw him at the o2 a few years ago. Place was half-empty, which is hardly a surprise given the size of it. And comedy really does die across so many empty seats. There were a lot of Izzard fans there who seemed to have a good time. He made a few references to his famous death star canteen thing and that sent them wild. Not for me though - more the lack of atmosphere than the material really. The real point of note was that I learned that the o2 is willing and able to serve wine by the pint. I went to the bar at the interval and ordered a glass of wine. When asked how large, I thought of the additional hour I had to spend watching comedy on a stage about 100 meters away and replied, sarcastically, "a pint", assuming that the barman would tell me he couldn't do that. Not the case - without pausing he poured white wine right to the brim of a plastic pint glass, and asked me for a tenner.
    A tenner a pint isn't bad for a gig, I bet the beer isn't much cheaper than that.

Totally agree about the atmosphere if the place is half empty then it must be tough

No.
    He’s not even amusing.

I logged in just to post this comment.
    Twat.

Asking the opinion of others as to whether someone is funny or not won't really get you a definitive answer as we all have a different sense of humour. For example, I've never found Harry Hill or Keith Lemon funny, yet clearly people at the television companies do as they always seem to be on TV.

Agreed, humour is so personal.
    I've never found Tommy cooper remotely funny, used to love Harry Hill but I can see how people might not.
    Keith lemon is just so bad it's unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Agreed, humour is so personal.
    I've never found Tommy cooper remotely funny, used to love Harry Hill but I can see how people might not.
    Keith lemon is just so bad it's unbelievable.
    Find it hard to believe anyone couldn’t find Tommy Cooper remotely funny. Are you an undertaker?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Find it hard to believe anyone couldn’t find Tommy Cooper remotely funny. Are you an undertaker?
    I enjoy plenty of comedy, just not Tommy cooper.

Or Anchorman, can't stand that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I enjoy plenty of comedy, just not Tommy cooper.

Or Anchorman, can't stand that either.
    What’s skittles got to do with it?🤣

Not now. He used to be brilliant.

Has anybody seen 'Stath Lets Flats' on Channel 4? I thought it was great.

Not funny at all , but I’ll tell you who is ...... Kevin bridges ,, fantastic night had the other week at the motor point arena , had me in stitches