+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A warning about car thieves

A warning about car thieves

Heard the other day they can get into your car by using some dodgy program online, basically they will stand by your front door and use it to boost the signal from your key fob. If you leave it near the front of the house it will work and open your car. Crazy stuff. If your car is keyless they could then drive off with it, but generally they are just looking for stuff left in the car. Happened 2 doors up from me in Heath the other day, plod warning everyone not to leave car keys near front of house so they can’t bounce the signal.

Re: A warning about car thieves

They can relay the signal from the key fob to someone with a receiver standing next to the car. Works a treat with new Fiestas apparently.

Here's a video showing how quick and easy it is: https://youtu.be/8pffcngJJq0

Scientists are developing an idea that a metal "key" is used in order to keep your car safe.
    These keys can be produced by an ironmonger which has a profile that is almost unique to your car door lock.

They are also looking into the possibility of applying this method in other areas such as locks for doors, cabinets and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Scientists are developing an idea that a metal "key" is used in order to keep your car safe.
    These keys can be produced by an ironmonger which has a profile that is almost unique to your car door lock.

They are also looking into the possibility of applying this method in other areas such as locks for doors, cabinets and the like.
    I saw that. Apparently the 'key' stays in place in the lock [somewhere on the dashboard], so you don't end up dropping it down between the seats, or having to stuff it into your trouser pocket when you're driving. Can't wait..

If you live by me this wont be a problem as you usually have to park 3 streets away so theyll have no ****ing chance of finding the car.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    If you live by me this wont be a problem as you usually have to park 3 streets away so theyll have no ****ing chance of finding the car.

Even if a thief manages to break into my car I'll have the last laugh as I always put a drop or two of novichok on the door handles after I've locked the car.
    That'll learn them.

I put a Des o,conner LP on the back seat....never had it done yet.....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Even if a thief manages to break into my car I'll have the last laugh as I always put a drop or two of novichok on the door handles after I've locked the car.
    That'll learn them.
    You'll get Putin into a lot of trouble!!

Lol....think they only try the posh folk with those driveway type things, the metal key idea sounds like a winner, dragons den?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    You'll get Putin into a lot of trouble!!
    I'll be fine. I know that the spire on Salisbury cathedral is 123 metres high.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'll be fine. I know that the spire on Salisbury cathedral is 123 metres high.
    I wonder how many people will google that to check 🤪

😀😀😀

International

That's fecking brilliant. I can't stop laughing

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    I put a Des o,conner LP on the back seat....never had it done yet.....lol.
    Is that a record?