+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ampadu played right-back last night

Ampadu played right-back last night

He did a decent job too. Are we still in for him? My feeling is he will either stay at Chelsea, or go to Derby/Villa.

Re: Ampadu played right-back last night

Would be a good move for him and the club ,but we may not give him enough game time so probaly won't happen

Right back??? Right back!!!! Get him in and get him up front, has this been tried at all? 🤪

Looked very comfortable defensively but didn't get forward nearly as much as zappacosta, in a game that Chelsea were basically attacking all the time. I'm not sure fullback is his position.

We have a limited budget and window to get this right and stay up, so perhaps not this year , tried and tested is something we may need .

Youngsters tend to have dips and highs in their game and form as they develop,can we accomodate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Looked very comfortable defensively but didn't get forward nearly as much as zappacosta, in a game that Chelsea were basically attacking all the time. I'm not sure fullback is his position.
    He didn't have to get forward, Hudson-Odoi was occupying that space and PAOK were a man down, but it did seem a bit odd seeing him tear down the wing a few times! Apparently he started off as a Centre Forward in his younger days, and he caught Alex Ferguson's eye during a trial game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He didn't have to get forward, Hudson-Odoi was occupying that space and PAOK were a man down, but it did seem a bit odd seeing him tear down the wing a few times! Apparently he started off as a Centre Forward in his younger days, and he caught Alex Ferguson's eye during a trial game.
    Like everyone else here I was willing him to catch the eye, but while he did nothing wrong at all I don't think he shone either, in a game Chelsea were completely dominant in.

I'm not sure I can see Sarri playing him as a holding midfielder either if kante isn't being played in that role, it's probably a ball playing centre back or nothing at Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Like everyone else here I was willing him to catch the eye, but while he did nothing wrong at all I don't think he shone either, in a game Chelsea were completely dominant in.

I'm not sure I can see Sarri playing him as a holding midfielder either if kante isn't being played in that role, it's probably a ball playing centre back or nothing at Chelsea.
    He has talent , however what we have to consider :
    Is it worth a punt with the limited funds we have .
    Are we not better chasing a young striker such as Liverpool's Dominic Solanke
    Can he enhance our team .
    Is he a week in and out first teamer.
    What his real position.
    Do we have the players to complement his shortfall of skill as Chelsea or Wales would .

I suppose in summary For me he may become a luxury signing ,nice to have yes ,but a bit of risk around it ,go for Clyne .??

I don't think it would be a good move for him here, somewhere like Bournemouth would be perfect for him

Well we can’t loan Ampadu and Clyne as we already have Arter.
    I’d prefer Clyne if either of the rumours were true.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Well we can’t loan Ampadu and Clyne as we already have Arter.
    I’d prefer Clyne if either of the rumours were true.
    We definately need a goalscorer.