+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Deja Vu again as Cardiff equal Derby record with just twenty four games to play.

Deja Vu again as Cardiff equal Derby record with just twenty four games to play.

Re: Deja Vu again as Cardiff equal Derby record with just twenty four games to play.

A pretty honest and accurate write up a Paul.I have to say that I thought Wolves were poor last night and because of this I was pretty confident throughout the game that we could get something from it.Ironically,Wolves employed niggling tactics which stopped our let’s say “limited”,creatively at least,side putting anything together in the first half. A few times,when City were attacking the family stand where I sit,you could see the midfield players frustrated in possession due to a distinct lack of movement in front of them.This,with our tactics under Warnock being to get the ball forward quickly and that lack of a creative cutting edge (Camarasa aside)must be a big factor in our pass completion rate being so low.It was evident more than ever last night the need not just for a goal scoring striker,but one that provides an outlet for the team.Patterson has worked hard in a position he isn’t used to,but his main strength in the air was nullified last night by Wolves massive defenders.
    If we can pick up a few more points up to and over Christmas,a good January window might just see us survive this season.

Re: Deja Vu again as Cardiff equal Derby record with just twenty four games to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    A pretty honest and accurate write up a Paul.I have to say that I thought Wolves were poor last night and because of this I was pretty confident throughout the game that we could get something from it.Ironically,Wolves employed niggling tactics which stopped our let’s say “limited”,creatively at least,side putting anything together in the first half. A few times,when City were attacking the family stand where I sit,you could see the midfield players frustrated in possession due to a distinct lack of movement in front of them.This,with our tactics under Warnock being to get the ball forward quickly and that lack of a creative cutting edge (Camarasa aside)must be a big factor in our pass completion rate being so low.It was evident more than ever last night the need not just for a goal scoring striker,but one that provides an outlet for the team.Patterson has worked hard in a position he isn’t used to,but his main strength in the air was nullified last night by Wolves massive defenders.
    If we can pick up a few more points up to and over Christmas,a good January window might just see us survive this season.
    I was saying the same thing about the lack of movement and options for the player in possession Bruce. I'd like to see us being more patient even if it means some sideways or backwards passing, but that's not going to happen under Warnock is it and it's a valid question to ask if we would have won last night if we had played that way?

Nice write up Paul.
    Do me Warnock completely out- thought Nuno.
    It was clear from Sunday’s game that Wolves have little width and suffer if you press and flood the middle.
    Warnock’s selection did that and Wolves got dragged into a battle that we gradually got on top with.
    Traore in the middle ? Waste, he’s frightening out wide with space, but his touch isn’t good enough for the congested central area and the excellent Morrison and Bamba hit him early and often, not allowing him to turn or run at them anywhere near enough to be effective.
    In his one chance to do that he gave the ball away to the also excellent Manga

I also thought Camerasa and Ralls after poor first half’s were much more effective second half. Camerasa’s composure is a joy to watch in a team where so many of our players aren’t comfortable on the ball under pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Nice write up Paul.
    Do me Warnock completely out- thought Nuno.
    It was clear from Sunday’s game that Wolves have little width and suffer if you press and flood the middle.
    Warnock’s selection did that and Wolves got dragged into a battle that we gradually got on top with.
    Traore in the middle ? Waste, he’s frightening out wide with space, but his touch isn’t good enough for the congested central area and the excellent Morrison and Bamba hit him early and often, not allowing him to turn or run at them anywhere near enough to be effective.
    In his one chance to do that he gave the ball away to the also excellent Manga

I also thought Camerasa and Ralls after poor first half’s were much more effective second half. Camerasa’s composure is a joy to watch in a team where so many of our players aren’t comfortable on the ball under pressure
    Ralls received low marks in the two pieces I read (both gave Gunnar the man of the match award, though I see the BBC gave it to Morrison), but I thought he did okay last night - six or seven out of ten for me. Did you see how Camarasa reacted at the final whistle? He collapsed to the floor out of joy and/or tiredness - either way it said to me that he, like Arter, is a loan player with exactly the right attitude. Warnock can be criticised over his permanent signings in 2018, but the two loan signings he made in the summer have made a big difference to the team.

It’s going to take something special to beat that winner for our goal of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ralls received low marks in the two pieces I read (both gave Gunnar the man of the match award, though I see the BBC gave it to Morrison), but I thought he did okay last night - six or seven out of ten for me. Did you see how Camarasa reacted at the final whistle? He collapsed to the floor out of joy and/or tiredness - either way it said to me that he, like Arter, is a loan player with exactly the right attitude. Warnock can be criticised over his permanent signings in 2018, but the two loan signings he made in the summer have made a big difference to the team.
    I don’t take any notice of ‘pundits’ ratings these days, they are awfully subjective.

I go here https://www.whoscored.com/

It’s stats based and objective

He was given 7.4 which is nearer what he was getting last year and prior to the Man City game when his form dipped. And the ratings for these games were low as a result.

Personally I think that’s a bit generous, his passing was still poor, but he was part of a midfield that dominated the 2 nd half.

Camerasa I think had an even higher rating.

Gunner was again superb without the ball, cutting out balls, breaking up play and winning the wrestling. Not so great with it, although at least he seemed happy to play a few short backwards and sideways balls.

He’s been a real bonus since he’s come back. Especially as I thought he was done last season with his injuries and poor form. He’s proved a lot of us wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I don’t take any notice of ‘pundits’ ratings these days, they are awfully subjective.

I go here https://www.whoscored.com/

It’s stats based and objective

He was given 7.4 which is nearer what he was getting last year and prior to the Man City game when his form dipped. And the ratings for these games were low as a result.

Personally I think that’s a bit generous, his passing was still poor, but he was part of a midfield that dominated the 2 nd half.

Camerasa I think had an even higher rating.

Gunner was again superb without the ball, cutting out balls, breaking up play and winning the wrestling. Not so great with it, although at least he seemed happy to play a few short backwards and sideways balls.

He’s been a real bonus since he’s come back. Especially as I thought he was done last season with his injuries and poor form. He’s proved a lot of us wrong
    Morrison and Bamba were out best players according to those ratings, which I think is pretty accurate.

I’ve seen a lot of blame given to Gunnarsson for the goal, which some of it is deserved, but no one seems to mention how easily Manga’s man lost him for the original header.
    We need to get our act together when defending set pieces.

Sky pointed out we now have worst record for conceding from set plays this season ! A fact both Warnock and Morrison both stated was very annoying as it was our strength at both ends of the pitch last season !
    I also think Camarasa as a wing back was a BIG gamble as he cones in to central areas ( where I feel he should be ) and I originally thought Hoilett and Ralks would take up those positions!

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Sky pointed out we now have worst record for conceding from set plays this season ! A fact both Warnock and Morrison both stated was very annoying as it was our strength at both ends of the pitch last season !
    I also think Camarasa as a wing back was a BIG gamble as he cones in to central areas ( where I feel he should be ) and I originally thought Hoilett and Ralks would take up those positions!
    A big gamble that paid off !! Classic Warnock again.