+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Patterson

Patterson

He continues to put in an enormous effort, to be a real nuisance to defenders, to be scorer or be influential in our goals as he was for the first last night.
    I know it’s difficult but he does appear to winning less of the high balls pumped forward to him.
    Even so, all credit to him.

Re: Patterson

What a guy...

Also, having watched the games he played for Scotland as well as for us recently, I've sometimes thought, 'How did he see that pass'?
    His 'game radar' seems to be finely tuned.....

i'm not saying he shouldn't be in the team, but he's killing us in that position. against everton he probably cost us a point. constantly looking for balls down the channel or over the top. instead of playing with his back to goal. our midfield get caught in possession or mis-pass because all that's ahead of them is what amounts to a Hollywood ball. he causes lots of trouble in the box, no.10 is his position.

So far one of my players of the season and one of my favourite players.

Not the biggest. Not the strongest. Not the fastest. One of the cleverest I’ve seen though especially for someone who was a full back.

Yesterday Boly was absolutely dominating him in the air and the first I’ve seen do that since he’s been a CB so he was clever by stopping jumping, backing in, backing off and trying to get the second ball.

If Zohore had CPs work ethic he’d be out of the reserves

I absolute love him and he gives his all. However he was very poor last night. Lost almost all of the battles in the air. I thought we should have had Reid up front dropping off their back 3 into the space between defence and midfield.

That being said Paterson puts in hell of a shift , a great block for the goal and a few good runs in the channels.

I'll hear nothing bad said about our Scottish Messi!

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I absolute love him and he gives his all. However he was very poor last night. Lost almost all of the battles in the air. I thought we should have had Reid up front dropping off their back 3 into the space between defence and midfield.

That being said Paterson puts in hell of a shift , a great block for the goal and a few good runs in the channels.
    I completely disagree with you but we all look for different things. Paterson gets us up the field and Reid can’t as he’s too lightweight. Paterson was battered by their CB’s last night but was still intelligent enough to evolve his game into blocking rather than jumping when he realised he was not able to compete with the man mountain that is Boly

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    So far one of my players of the season and one of my favourite players.

Not the biggest. Not the strongest. Not the fastest. One of the cleverest I’ve seen though especially for someone who was a full back.

Yesterday Boly was absolutely dominating him in the air and the first I’ve seen do that since he’s been a CB so he was clever by stopping jumping, backing in, backing off and trying to get the second ball.

If Zohore had CPs work ethic he’d be out of the reserves
    If Zohore displayed this , I also doubt he would be at our club ! Maybe it is just his body language when he plays or the apparent lengthy recovery every time he gets injured that gives us the impression of “not wanting it ! “

A fully focused Zohore with improved aerial ability would be in demand ! That’s what makes him so frustrating, he just doesn’t seem to be grasping the opportunity that we as fans would do anything to have and our team really needs now !

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I completely disagree with you but we all look for different things. Paterson gets us up the field and Reid can’t as he’s too lightweight. Paterson was battered by their CB’s last night but was still intelligent enough to evolve his game into blocking rather than jumping when he realised he was not able to compete with the man mountain that is Boly
    Yeah it’s funny how we see different things. I always re watch the game after I’ve been to see it live. I’ll keep in mind your point of view. I was high up in the Ninian and all the space seemed to be in front of their back 3 and out wide.

I was crying out for Hoillet to be subbed seconds before his goal though. Football eh ?

Just glad we won , and if we stay up with a right back as a striker , it will be incredible , and so so Cardiff.

Yeah it’s funny how we see different things. I always re watch the game after I’ve been to see it live. I’ll keep in mind your point of view. I was high up in the Ninian and all the space seemed to be in front of their back 3 and out wide.

I was crying out for Hoillet to be subbed seconds before his goal though. Football eh ?

Just glad we won , and if we stay up with a right back as a striker , it will be incredible , and so so Cardiff.
    I think everyone was wondering why Junior was still on the pitch! I’m really happy he was now though. That’s why I’ll never be a manager Paterson is an anomaly. He does not meet the criteria for any position really but his intelligence, energy and willingness means he has to be accommodated. I personally think he’s a brilliant target man as he must be a nightmare to play against as he’s continually harassing the defenders.

He was on his own against 3 central defenders, and one of them probably one of the best in the division in Boly.

I think we have to give him credit where it’s due. I do think though I’d like to see him partner Gunnar with Camarasa just in front but it hasn’t worked previously

Works so hard. Gets himself into some clever positions, always seem to get in front of his defender which is why he has won so many headers against bigger and better players.

A 15 goal a season player would be nice but dont think they exist.