+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilder v Fury

Wilder v Fury

Dont rate the current heavyweight division but this is an intriguing one. I believe a fully fight fit Fury would edge this on points. However i think inactivity will cost him and think Wilder will at some point land the big shot.

Wildet TKO 9 i go for.

Really hope Fury wins though. All credit for taking this fight. Joshua and Hearn should be embarrassed but they are happy fooling the public with punch bag opposition.

Whoever wins tonight is the number one in the division.

Cmon Fury.

Re: Wilder v Fury

Fury wins it for me.

Bit of a strange this one for me. I certainly didn't expect Fury to beat Klitchko all those years ago and I am sure if they had a rematch there would have been a different result. Therefore I'm not sure how good Fury is he is certainly awkward and his size makes him much harder to fight.

Wilder is a bit of a slugger . Fury moves well for a big man and if he can take the punches then I think fury wins.

Think it will be an ugly fight. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch as they cut AJ out of a big money fight.

Fury has got right under Wilders skin. I think he’s trying to entice him to a fight. Fury saying he is going to knock him out etc but I think he’s going to try out box him. Maybe even rope-a-dope style.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Bit of a strange this one for me. I certainly didn't expect Fury to beat Klitchko all those years ago and I am sure if they had a rematch there would have been a different result. Therefore I'm not sure how good Fury is he is certainly awkward and his size makes him much harder to fight.

Wilder is a bit of a slugger . Fury moves well for a big man and if he can take the punches then I think fury wins.

Think it will be an ugly fight. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch as they cut AJ out of a big money fight.
    I think Klitchko was just exposed. A robotic big heavyweight good at what he does. I thought hed beat Fury but he was beaten easily really. Fury had his number.

I can see a rematch as well if its close.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Fury has got right under Wilders skin. I think he’s trying to entice him to a fight. Fury saying he is going to knock him out etc but I think he’s going to try out box him. Maybe even rope-a-dope style.
    Yeah Fury isnt a big puncher. He will spoil and make it a horrible fight to watch and just win the rounds. Feck i dont know why im looking forward to this.😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah Fury isnt a big puncher. He will spoil and make it a horrible fight to watch and just win the rounds. Feck i dont know why im looking forward to this.😂
    Yeah I’m the same. Don’t know why it’s got my interest. Think it’s due on at 5am ? Just as I get up for work. Great.

Tough one to call 2 of the most awkward fighters you’ll ever see the match itself will be awful I got fury edging it but wilder has a lot of power in those punches

Dont rate the current heavyweight division but this is an intriguing one. I believe a fully fight fit Fury would edge this on points. However i think inactivity will cost him and think Wilder will at some point land the big shot.

Wildet TKO 9 i go for.

Really hope Fury wins though. All credit for taking this fight. Joshua and Hearn should be embarrassed but they are happy fooling the public with punch bag opposition.

Whoever wins tonight is the number one in the division.

Cmon Fury.
    On sky bet you'll get 20/1 for Fury to be ahead on all 3 cards and Wilder to win in rounds 6-12

50/1 for both fighters to get knocked down amd Fury to win on points.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    50/1 for both fighters to get knocked down amd Fury to win on points.
    Worth at least a fiver

What are the odds for fury to punch himself in the face again ?

Be nice to see the Brit do it as he's grown on me but I don't see the American losing in his own backyard.
    TF beating Klitchko was a surprise but this is another level again.

Two sayings come to mind, "never bet on the white guy" and "you've gotta knock the guy out to get a draw in the States"

Hope I'm wrong as it would be one helluva comeback.

Wow. Just wow!

That was awesome. A draw is a fair decision. Fury's post-fight speech made me laugh out loud.

Great fight

Fury wins that if its in the UK.

Should have got the decision.

Re match will be huge.

They should take Eddie Hearns April Wembley booking.

Well, that was better than I expected. I thought is was all over after the knockdown, but fair play to Fury for getting up after that.

Joke decision really, I had WIlder winning one other round apart from the knockdown 10-8's.

First judge had him winning without the knockdowns ffs.

How Fury got up from the second though, I have no idea.

The judge who gave that by 4 points to Wilder needs looking at. Shocking score.

With the 2 knockdowns its closer but Furys unlucky tonight. Saying that i thought he was out.

The judge who gave that by 4 points to Wilder needs looking at. Shocking score.

With the 2 knockdowns its closer but Furys unlucky tonight. Saying that i thought he was out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Joke decision really, I had WIlder winning one other round apart from the knockdown 10-8's.

First judge had him winning without the knockdowns ffs.

How Fury got up from the second though, I have no idea.
    This.

Fury won the fight. But if you knock a man down twice and didn’t get knocked down, you’d feel aggrieved to lose your world title.

How fury got up though. What a warrior.

Fury should be champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    4-0

On the one hand, that fight showed why I have lost a lot of the interest I had in boxing in the last twenty years or so. The decision was a joke and only added to suspicions that it's a corrupt sport. On the other hand, the way Fury got up in the last round also points to why, despite my feelings about the whole concept of boxing, it still has a kind of nobility to it - Fury, who I was no great fan of before today and could have done without all of the showboating, was a hero and should be World Champion now.,

How can three “experts” arrive at three different decisions watching the same fight.
    Thank god these guys aren’t looking at VAR!