+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilder v Fury

Re: Wilder v Fury

Fury is another one to add to the list of boxers who have gone to the States and beaten America's best only to be robbed by a bent judge.
    As long as the money is available the yank will always have the edge.
    They don't give up their Boxing titles easily, especially in the heavyweight division.

Tyson Fury should be world champion today, SPOTY, and have earned his place in British boxing folklore but just one mistake gave the ammunition needed for the farce to be complete.

It's all very well saying that he'd been knocked down twice so perhaps Wilder deserved something but rules is rules. The two knockdown rounds he wins by 2 points but the rest, bar maybe one, were Fury's.

Loved the interviews at the end where Fury got what he wanted to say in there masked by a lot of humour.
    Best heavyweight fight I've seen for many years (since Holyfield beat Tyson?). Such a courageous guy getting up after that punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    They should take Eddie Hearns April Wembley booking.
    Please let that happen!

Its no suprise really. Remember the first Lewis Holyfield fight. A clear Lewis win. 1 round he battered Holyfield all round the ring and had him out on his feet. 1 judge gave the round to Holyfield.

Hearns quoted as saying thats why Joshua didnt accept 50m to get robbed by US judges.
    Pathetic.
    Never mind mugs will still fall for it and watch him fight the winner of chisora whyte.

That one scorecard was a joke, especially for the first 4 or 5 rounds

In recent years though there have been plenty of terrible home decisions on british soil as well

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Middle judges card is wrong. Wilder got 112 points not 110. Imagine if that 2 point error had swung the decision. How can you get some simple maths wrong like that in 2018??? Laughable

One of the two judges who didn’t think Fury won the fight was English so I don’t know why all the blame is being portioned to the Yanks.

I had Fury winning by 2. You could make a case for Wilder winning the first maybe (all 3 judges scored that round to Wilder) and there’s a middle round (6th I think it was) when Fury took a round off.

The judge who had Wilder 4up after 4 rounds should never work on boxing again.

Some people on this thread need to learn the rules of boxing 🙈

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    One of the two judges who didn’t think Fury won the fight was English so I don’t know why all the blame is being portioned to the Yanks.

I had Fury winning by 2. You could make a case for Wilder winning the first maybe (all 3 judges scored that round to Wilder) and there’s a middle round (6th I think it was) when Fury took a round off.

The judge who had Wilder 4up after 4 rounds should never work on boxing again.
    Same as you, i had Fury winning 7-5. How he got up from that knock down in the 12th is beyond me, the first knockdown he was pissing about. I thought that it was a great fight, Fury out boxed him for the biggest part and wilder didn't show any skill, just that huge right hand, that's all he's got, although it works!