+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: WEST HAM UNITED 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: WEST HAM UNITED v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Realistic chance that the entire bottom 7 will have lost by tomorrow night, if that is any consolation. We are very lucky we are in amongst what has to be the worst bottom half the premier league has ever had.

That being said, tonight is on Warnock, probably the first game this season I'm comfortable saying that. The tactics and selection coming in were far, far too conservative. Why stick with Ralls who has been poor for weeks now, instead of shuffling Camarasa into the middle, and putting some pace out wide ? Really poor night, on to saturday... another must win.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Realistic chance that the entire bottom 7 will have lost by tomorrow night, if that is any consolation. We are very lucky we are in amongst what has to be the worst bottom half the premier league has ever had.

That being said, tonight is on Warnock, probably the first game this season I'm comfortable saying that. The tactics and selection coming in were far, far too conservative. Why stick with Ralls who has been poor for weeks now, instead of shuffling Camarasa into the middle, and putting some pace out wide ? Really poor night, on to saturday... another must win.
    No it isn't, we played well and should have been ahead at half time

We were doing okay up until the penalty. The miss seemed to affect our confidence and boosts West Ham’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    We were doing okay up until the penalty. The miss seemed to affect our confidence and boosts West Ham’s.
    I thought we were doing fine after the penalty, even into the second half until they scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I thought we were doing fine after the penalty, even into the second half until they scored.
    We were indeed
    A mix up for their first goal and then we’ve been at 6s and 7s
    All over the shop,

WE'VE DONE A GOAL

Relax - we're still 16th, a single point behind Newcastle and Palace, a point ahead of Udders.
    Beat Southampton on Sat and we jump to 14/15 (depending on Newcastle (at Everton tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Relax - we're still 16th, a single point behind Newcastle and Palace, a point ahead of Udders.
    Beat Southampton on Sat and we jump to 14/15 (depending on Newcastle (at Everton tomorrow)
    This was an excellent opportunity to pick up some points away, West Ham were awful

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    This was an excellent opportunity to pick up some points away, West Ham were awful
    It certainly was. West Ham were looking far from convincing and you could sense that their fans were starting to get restless. Then THAT penalty..

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    They were better than us.

We were the better team until they scored. From two players jumping for the same ball and gifting it to them. Had to make a change then. What’s the point waiting until 3-0 to make a change

We were doing fine until Morrison/Bennett forgot they play on the same team.

Goal of the season there.

Hopefully Spurs kick the shit out of Southampton tomorrow. As do Leicester to Fulham.

Re: FT: WEST HAM UNITED 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

The fight-back begins...

How much stoppage time?

Bit more respectable

WE CAN STILL WIN THIS.

You can tell our players just don't have the quickness of thought that experienced premier league players have. Can't anticipate passes, can't close down space properly (or at all, really).

That performance tonight reminded me of Preston away last season when we were absolutely woeful, we literally could not do any part of the game right.

Things have to improve on Saturday. Ralls needs to be dropped for starters. Offers nothing.

If he'd have scored that penalty it probably would have been a different game entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    You can tell our players just don't have the quickness of thought that experienced premier league players have. Can't anticipate passes, can't close down space properly (or at all, really).
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    That performance tonight reminded me of Preston away last season when we were absolutely woeful, we literally could not do any part of the game right.

Things have to improve on Saturday. Ralls needs to be dropped for starters. Offers nothing.

If he'd have scored that penalty it probably would have been a different game entirely.

100% spot on

I don't think we were "absolutely woeful". It was a very even game at half time. Defending for the first goal was absolutely woeful however and it fell apart after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I don't think we were "absolutely woeful". It was a very even game at half time. Defending for the first goal was absolutely woeful however and it fell apart after that.
    Our heads go whenever we concede a goal. It happened on Friday but Wolves didn't capitalise.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Our heads go whenever we concede a goal.
    Except for the 3 wins when we've come from behind.

Positives? Huddersfield lost and....we scored at the end to help our goal difference a bit. Any others? I don't think so.

Move on time.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Positives? Huddersfield lost and....we scored at the end to help our goal difference a bit. Any others? I don't think so.

Move on time.
    Palace lost too!

Morrison has made so many mistakes this season.