+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best free Antivirus

Best free Antivirus

My free Norton Antivirus has run out. I used Avast in the past.

Is this still the best free one?

Re: Best free Antivirus

Just use Windows Defender. Does the job as well as any other. Also has a browser plugin.

In this new era of virus and hacking I think a good security system, is worth it , your personal bank details could be taken ,so easily , that cost would so easily out weigh the 30 bucks for a decent protection.

I've bought (Bit Defender ) for a few years now , it doesnt bloat your system , runs well in the background , can share on other devices, and it's been well worth the purchase .

buy a chromebook

Avast, without doubt

If you bank with Barclays you can get the paid for version of Kapersky anti virus for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If you bank with Barclays you can get the paid for version of Kapersky anti virus for free.
    And share all your details with the Russian Government 😂

Paid for an antivirus for years, and realised from reading/recommendations etc that there's no point. Windows has it's own built in and it's solid. Save your money and just use that.

Note: Never had a virus on my computer, ever.

Avast for me, always reliable with updates and scans

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Paid for an antivirus for years, and realised from reading/recommendations etc that there's no point. Windows has it's own built in and it's solid. Save your money and just use that.

Note: Never had a virus on my computer, ever.
    I always use windows defender on all the pcs I set up. I find free commercial anti virus bothers you to upgrade and a full paid package tries to do too much and tell you about it all the time thereby using unnecessary resources.

I used Avast for years and got a great level of free protection from it.

However, I read an article in one of the PC magazines which tended to suggest that it slows down the running of applications.
    As a BT customer I now have access to the Mcafee BT Virus Protect and have uninstalled Avast. It makes a huge difference to the speed of simple stuff like Google Earth. I won't be going back.