+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hughes gone. New manager to defeat.

Hughes gone. New manager to defeat.

We knew this was coming. Hopefully a caretaker on Saturday.

Re: Hughes gone. New manager to defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I think they've done it with somebody lined up .

There was a rumour they wanted Ranieri but he chose Fulham so they've been waiting until they've got the nod from somebody- it was inevitable he was going to get sacked but considering I thought he was brilliant as a player I've never warmed to him as a coach even at Wales - he never seemed personable but one thing I liked about him was he never rolled over like other ex players did for Alex Ferguson after he left.

I think he's been a bit unlucky with recent results - they were better than Fulham and lost

Massive game for us and them.

Has to be big Sam

Bad timing, I was hoping a 2-2 draw with man utd would buy him an extra week.

Bookies have Sanchez Flores the former Watford manager as around 2:1.

Also seen Ralph Hasenhuttl linked who would be a bit of a coup

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    They'll have had someone lined up presumably, so Saturday's result didn't matter. Shame, hoped they'd be able to hold on for a week longer!

Ah bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Bad timing, I was hoping a 2-2 draw with man utd would buy him an extra week.
    Yeah I'm a bit surprised by the timing - Fulham seemed the more likely time for them to make a decision like that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah I'm a bit surprised by the timing - Fulham seemed the more likely time for them to make a decision like that.
    Let’s hope Southampton follow Stoke to the Championship after sacking Hughes! He still hasn’t been relegated as a player or Manager, perhaps he’ll be our next Manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Let’s hope Southampton follow Stoke to the Championship after sacking Hughes! He still hasn’t been relegated as a player or Manager, perhaps he’ll be our next Manager?
    I'd never want Hughes as our manager. He always comes across as "Hi I am a man doing a job" rather than giving a s**t.

On paper it lools like bad tuming for us.

Looking from a different perspective, accepting that they hadn't looked that bad in the last two games against Fulham and ManUre, the players may feel a little hard done by that Hughes was sacked as it looked like they were playing for him.
    If they are being asked to play a different way, which surely they must now do especially if Allardyce is the man, then many might not warm to it. In any case, it will take time to gel.

A new manager this week won't have much time to prepare properly for our game whereas a week later they will be better equipped.

This game was going to be a tough one for us and they would not have rolled over with Hughes there anyway.
    I prefer to take the view that it's all about us.

Just trying to put a positive spin on like

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    He "hasn't been relegated as a manager" because he's been sacked from his last three jobs after leaving his teams in the bottom 3. QPR, Stoke and Southampton were all heading to the Championship with him in charge.

Will they definitely have someone in place for our game though? Sounds like a forgone conclusion reading this.

It’ll be a tough first game for anyone who comes in anyway. And whilst Hughes wasn’t picking up any wins, the side under him were no pushovers. I think the challenge will be similar from our point of view , regardless of the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Will they definitely have someone in place for our game though? Sounds like a forgone conclusion reading this.

It’ll be a tough first game for anyone who comes in anyway. And whilst Hughes wasn’t picking up any wins, the side under him were no pushovers. I think the challenge will be similar from our point of view , regardless of the manager.
    I would imagine after playing pretty well vs Man Utd and getting a point, they've surely got someone lined up. Seems a strange time to sack someone otherwise, as they've got 2 games in 5 days. Having said that, if they see Spurs as a write off, ours is a 6 pointer so perhaps they want the new man in for that.

Well by a few accounts I read the players were giving their all for Hughes and his staff, they have been a bit unlucky too in recent weeks. Maybe they won’t get the bounce that happens when an unpopular manager goes.....

Sky are quoting Kelvin Davies, interim manager, as saying that he expects a new permanent manager before they play us.