+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Southampton forum ....

Southampton forum ....

Re: Southampton forum ....

Oh dear!

The game wasn't fair, Cardiff had 15 players on the pitch

Their defence was pretty poor, but I'd take the no.18 (Lamina?) in a heartbeat. He looked good.

International

"One of the reasons we kept giving it away was that they’d clearly been told to get it forward more quickly. Lemina was class as usual, Redmond had the odd run, but we lost to a team that would struggle to be mid table in the Championship without troubling the keeper."

Where do these people get these opinions from? It's insane, but so so funny!!!!

remember we only attained 90 pts last season..luckily scraped up

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    "One of the reasons we kept giving it away was that they’d clearly been told to get it forward more quickly. Lemina was class as usual, Redmond had the odd run, but we lost to a team that would struggle to be mid table in the Championship without troubling the keeper."

Most of us post on here for the enjoyment of chatting football with like minded others. Some people post on forums and social media as everyone in person would just tell them they are a bellend.

We’ve beaten far better teams than them this season.

That's fine, that's just we way we like it.

We're rubbish.
    We're a pub side.
    We shouldn't be in this league.

It's all ammunition for the pre-match pep talk.

Southampton were very poor, we were deserved winners. Should have been 2-0 up at half-time!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Southampton were very poor, we were deserved winners. Should have been 2-0 up at half-time!
    ^ This. We got a bit of luck with the second penalty shout (the first was no pen IMO). But then we were unlucky not to be 2-3 up by then anyway. A deserved win.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Their defence was pretty poor, but I'd take the no.18 (Lamina?) in a heartbeat. He looked good.
    Very good player. He played in the 2017 Champions League final for Juventus (in Cardiff). No idea why he's playing for Southampton.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Very good player. He played in the 2017 Champions League final for Juventus (in Cardiff). No idea why he's playing for Southampton.
    He's on an absolute wedge it seems, would have signed for them after Puel guided them to 8th and was sacked. What they'd give for that now!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    ^ This. We got a bit of luck with the second penalty shout (the first was no pen IMO). But then we were unlucky not to be 2-3 up by then anyway. A deserved win.
    I wouldn't have been at all surprised to see a different ref give both penalties, even though I think the ref was right and it was refreshing to see him not being suckered by challenges that wouldn't ordinarily result in a fall. Both of those challenges and falls were essentially dives, however I thought it was highly unusual, considering there was contact/obstruction that the referee didn't go for it.

If I were Warnock, I'd be telling the players to be extra careful with those types of challenges in the area( especially Camarasa's) in future.

The goal was also an unforced error. I'll take it, but I'd feel much more confident going forward had our goal resulted from Arter's shot in front of goal. Arter is actually due one, and the only negative I'd have about his play is that maybe he should've made more of his chances this season. I can vaguely remember around four or five chances he's had in front of goal this season that he could have done better with.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I wouldn't have been at all surprised to see a different ref give both penalties, even though I think the ref was right and it was refreshing to see him not being suckered by challenges that wouldn't ordinarily result in a fall. Both of those challenges and falls were essentially dives, however I thought it was highly unusual, considering there was contact/obstruction that the referee didn't go for it.

If I were Warnock, I'd be telling the players to be extra careful with those types of challenges in the area( especially Camarasa's) in future.

The goal was also an unforced error. I'll take it, but I'd feel much more confident going forward had our goal resulted from Arter's shot in front of goal. Arter is actually due one, and the only negative I'd have about his play is that maybe he should've made more of his chances this season. I can vaguely remember around four or five chances he's had in front of goal this season that he could have done better with.
    Mozzer should have had a few goals too. He's getting the chances, but not finishing them like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Mozzer should have had a few goals too. He's getting the chances, but not finishing them like last year.
    True. He has missed some big chances in the air. I wonder if he’ll keep his place should we get a new right back. There’s not much between the three possible centre halves in terms of form though. I’d argue that Bamba and Manga look better suited to EPL football.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Not just chances I’d say he’s missed 3/4 sitters which is not helping his confidence

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Not just chances I’d say he’s missed 3/4 sitters which is not helping his confidence
    Huddersfield springs to mind, he was so precise in trying to place it and put it wide, should have just put his eyebrows through it like he’s done previously. It’s as though the Premier League has given him a mental block.

After the way they behaved after the game at the Liberty last year, I say fúck them. The pricks

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    After the way they behaved after the game at the Liberty last year, I say fúck them. The pricks
    Bet you are excited about your second favourite team visiting town on Saturday. Any free parking on your drive/hard stand?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

It’s crazy how biased some people can be, they were one of the worst teams I’ve seen. Did they even manage a shot on target?

We could easily have had 3 in the first half too, absolutely baffling they can watch the match and think that.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Bet you are excited about your second favourite team visiting town on Saturday. Any free parking on your drive/hard stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s crazy how biased some people can be, they were one of the worst teams I’ve seen. Did they even manage a shot on target?

We could easily have had 3 in the first half too, absolutely baffling they can watch the match and think that.
    They had 1 shot on target. Always baffles me that that "struggle to be mid table in the Championship" lines gets used with a promoted side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They had 1 shot on target. Always baffles me that that "struggle to be mid table in the Championship" lines gets used with a promoted side.
    If we were a mid table championship side on Saturday then they were no more than a struggling league 2 side they were that bad.

Big Cal or Austin...only one winner nowadays