+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NW flying out to watch a player on Wednesday, start your speculation here!

Re: NW flying out to watch a player on Wednesday, start your speculation here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swgkpsg60tc

We're twinned with Nantes aren't we? We certainly were when we stuffed them in the Cup Winners Cup in 70/71- that should be enough for them to drop their asking price by, say, £20,000,000 for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Going to France it seems. Other staff going elsewhere
    France = re-signing Cornelius deffo.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    There's (nearly) a full Ligue 1 programme, 7 games in the Copa del Rey and handful of Coppa Italia games & .... Kilmarnock v Lingston (& other assorted SPL games).

France, Spain, Italy or Jockland?

Take your pick. Don't think we've had an Argentinian before! Emiliano Sala at Nantes, same agent as Sol, 28, 6'2", 11 goals this season ... who knows!
    £25M really? €15M more like it and a massive tax advantage playing in the UK instead of France. Bear in mind that at the start of the season, the price was €3M. That's basically €1M per goal increase or €2M per goal if you believe the rags.

Do WoL get all their leads of this board still? Commission please!

So, 25% of the Premier League clubs are after Sala?

Personally, I think Etheridge could be showing a bit more effort up front.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swgkpsg60tc

We're twinned with Nantes aren't we? We certainly were when we stuffed them in the Cup Winners Cup in 70/71- that should be enough for them to drop their asking price by, say, £20,000,000 for us.
    I was at that game 5-1 , big European season .

In the league lots of goals (64.)

Boro game was mad at 3-4.
    5-1 Hull.
    Stuck 4 on Wed ,Blackburn ,Sunderland, Carlisle .

Beat Real Madrid .

Just missed promotion.

Sold Toshack .

Warboys landed

Clarky netted 22

Was that the season Don Murray rugby tackled Malcom McDonald , who then went on to score a hat trick against us for Luton .

Was that our most memorable season ?

Warnock openly talking about 25mil striker Sala.

Can't see Tan spending anywhere near that after the 15mil Cornelius debacle.

And I would think our best chance of a deal would be a quick and private one. This guy's been linked with many clubs in the past.

But nice to see Neil and team already out and about. They went out out. Hopefully we have a new striker not a day later than 1st Jan. And the right back and midfielder.

Getting them in at the end of the transfer window may prove to be too late. Every point counts.

If this new striker is worth only £20m more than Madine he can't be much good.

Daily Mail claiming we have bid £25m for Sala.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-striker.html

Seems to be based on nothing more than Warnock's pre-Saints press conference, in which case it is pure guesswork. Nothing Warnock said confirms that a bid has been made (yet).

Oh dear me make or brake time Neil , is this groundhog ( overpriced ,under performing, striker purchase) day

That is a lot of cash.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/emil...spieler/190780

Current value of 12.6M.

Emiliano Sala at Nantes, same agent as Sol, 28, 6'2", 11 goals this season
    €15M
    Believe

City "leading Premier League quartet in £18m Emiliano Sala chase" - think that's maybe a figure we'd be prepared to go to for the right player next month.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/1...et-in-18m-emi/

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I was at that game 5-1 , big European season .

In the league lots of goals (64.)

Boro game was mad at 3-4.
    5-1 Hull.
    Stuck 4 on Wed ,Blackburn ,Sunderland, Carlisle .

Beat Real Madrid .

Just missed promotion.

Sold Toshack .

Warboys landed

Clarky netted 22

Was that the season Don Murray rugby tackled Malcom McDonald , who then went on to score a hat trick against us for Luton .

Was that our most memorable season ?
    I remember Murray pulling Don Rogers pants down on a freezing cold Boxing day. Was that the one?
    Memorable season? Not quite with the Tostock sale and just missing out. The Real win was the highlight of the season, and of many others.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Daily Mail claiming we have bid £25m for Sala.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-striker.html

Seems to be based on nothing more than Warnock's pre-Saints press conference, in which case it is pure guesswork. Nothing Warnock said confirms that a bid has been made (yet).
    I can't see us spending 25m on a striker that's 28, has had 4 good months in his career and is out of contract in 18 months.

Having said that, we spent 6m on Madine who is basically a carbon copy in terms of a purple patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I can't see us spending 25m on a striker that's 28, has had 4 good months in his career and is out of contract in 18 months.

Having said that, we spent 6m on Madine who is basically a carbon copy in terms of a purple patch.
    The last 2 seasons he did ok. Slightly better than a goal every 3 games.

France Football reporting that Cardiff head the queue to sign Sala @ €20M

I hope we can get a few players in. The fact that our results have improved will make this a little easier.
    I wonder if the talk of a new striker will give Ken a spurt. I hope so and feel that Warnock is hoping so as well.He may be hoping to get two for one if you follow my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I remember Murray pulling Don Rogers pants down on a freezing cold Boxing day. Was that the one?
    Memorable season? Not quite with the Tostock sale and just missing out. The Real win was the highlight of the season, and of many others.
    Yes probably , I was very young , just remembered Murray getting turned , and SuperMac heading goalwards, with Super Don hanging onto something .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes probably , I was very young , just remembered Murray getting turned , and SuperMac heading goalwards, with Super Don hanging onto something .
    SuperMac was Malcolm MacDonald, Don Rogers was the Swindon winger with the Callum Paterson moustache👍

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    The saved penalty was worse than Ralls attempt last week

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The saved penalty was worse than Ralls attempt last week
    3 pens, 2 headers, 3 poached, 3 shots, perfect strikers mix.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    SuperMac was Malcolm MacDonald, Don Rogers was the Swindon winger with the Callum Paterson moustache��
    I know i was referring to Malcolm McDonald and Don Murray in the 70/71 season game v Luton

There's (nearly) a full Ligue 1 programme, 7 games in the Copa del Rey and handful of Coppa Italia games & .... Kilmarnock v Lingston (& other assorted SPL games).

France, Spain, Italy or Jockland?

Take your pick. Don't think we've had an Argentinian before! Emiliano Sala at Nantes, same agent as Sol, 28, 6'2", 11 goals this season ... who knows!
    Lets add Denmark as well.

Robert Skov of Copenhagen (tip from a Danish based CCFC fan before the Southampton game). Scored twice again on the weekend to make it 15 goals from 19 games.
    The fan said that Danish fans had never really rated either Cornelius or Zohore (both deemed to only be good in short spells then they fade away) but that RK will be the next Danish player to reach the very top of the game.