+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GILLINGHAM v CARDIFF CITY - Full FA Cup 3rd round draw

Re: FA CUP 3rd round draw. Monday from 7pm.

Some good aways to Gillingham in the past. Not sure I am looking forward to that open temporary (been there for almost 20 years) stand in the first week of January though!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I think out of every team possible in that draw, with all the pros and cons of each one, that is without a doubt, the worst of the lot.
    As the draw started I said to Mrs Parrot (aka Polly) anywhere but Gillingham away, it's the other side of the world.

Last time we went there was an end of season game about 15 years ago & the nawty Cardiff boys met up with the nawty Millwall boys, had a few beers & went to the game together!

Re: GILLINGHAM v CARDIFF CITY - Full FA Cup 3rd round draw

I will be surprised if anyone that played on Friday even makes the squad.

Went there in eighties for a 3rd round tie, got called off as we got there, ended up going to watch Fulham v Wednesday

Be nice to see Connolly get a game at 11:30 on a Sunday morning on S4C

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Cardiff City FC, charity providing a good home to poor footballers for over 100 years.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Cardiff City FC, charity providing a good home for poor footballers to over 100 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    Cardiff City FC, charity providing a good home for poor footballers to over 100 years.
    Connolly has played 275 of his 280 league appearances in the top two leagues. If only we had been a more benevolent charity over those 100 years perhaps we would have had more to show for our endeavours!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Connolly has played 275 of his 280 league appearances in the top two leagues. If only we had been a more benevolent charity over those 100 years perhaps we would have had more to show for our endeavours!
    Wasn't a knock on what he has done, just that he's a bit past it these days!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    "It was a disappointing afternoon for Neil Warnock's men as they succumbed to a 1-0 defeat at League 1 strugglers Gillingham

The Bluebirds, backed by a large travelling contingent, started brightly but couldn't capitalise on their dominance with a midfield three of Loic Damour, Jazz Ricchards and academy player Mark Harris failing to clink up with the disappointing Kenneth Zohore

Gillingham struck in the 74th minute through midfielder Max Ehmer following a mix up in the makeshift City backline

This caused a raft of changes, with Joe Ralls, Junior Hoilett and Danny Ward bought on to rectify the damage, however it was too little, too late for the Bluebirds"
    Swap one or two names and I wasn't far off

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Swap one or two names and I wasn't far off
    LeaDEr