+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luka

Luka

Well done

Re: Luka

I like him but he didn’t deserve it, varane won the champions league and World Cup why not give it to him

No representative in the top five of the "best league in the world"

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    No representative in the top five of the "best league in the world"
    That list is full of shit griezmann 3rd ffs

No Patterson?

And yet BBC Breakfast are more interested in whoever won the women's award.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I like him but he didn’t deserve it, varane won the champions league and World Cup why not give it to him
    Because he wasn’t as influential as Modric

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    And yet BBC Breakfast are more interested in whoever won the women's award.
    Can she twerk?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    No Patterson?

...or Paterson

1. Modric
    2. Mbappe
    3. Salah
    4. De Bruyne
    5. Varane

That's the proper order, surely? Based on last year's achievement rather than popularity or history.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    1. Modric
    2. Mbappe
    3. Griesman
    4. De Bruyne
    5. Varane

That's the proper order, surely? Based on last year's achievement rather than popularity or history.
    Surely the team success has to reflect the winner and AG and Salah, although excellent domestically, won little for his teams and did nothing to warrant being ahead of the rest.

Nice to see a "workhorse" win it.

FYP

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Because he wasn’t as influential as Modric
    I was trying to be ironic surely you need to be playing well for more than a handful of games to win this, Modric was average at best 85% of last season

I like Modric as a player he is probably the best midfielder currently playing. What I would say is there is so much emphasis on world cup performances.

If Denmark had beaten Croatia in the last 16 on penalties would Modric have won it or if Ronaldo missed his penalty against Juventus in the champions league. Would he still have won it? I don't think he would have

There are such small margins in football for winning and losing, did those events make him a better player of course not. However on these awards there is such an emphasis on what teams won rather than the quality of players.

I know the forwards win a lot of these awards but I think that's because they are the better players and have the hardest jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I like Modric as a player he is probably the best midfielder currently playing. What I would say is there is so much emphasis on world cup performances.

If Denmark had beaten Croatia in the last 16 on penalties would Modric have won it or if Ronaldo missed his penalty against Juventus in the champions league. Would he still have won it? I don't think he would have

There are such small margins in football for winning and losing, did those events make him a better player of course not. However on these awards there is such an emphasis on what teams won rather than the quality of players.

I know the forwards win a lot of these awards but I think that's because they are the better players and have the hardest jobs.
    I think KDB had a better season than modric personally, Messi finishing 5th is ludicrous Barcelona were shit without him last season and if he didn’t play a game for them they would’ve been lucky to finish 6th, Mbappe will win it in the next couple of years but probably put in a handful of performances most of which was in the World Cup, by his own standards Ronaldo didn’t have the best of seasons either

I think KDB had a better season than modric personally, Messi finishing 5th is ludicrous Barcelona were shit without him last season and if he didn’t play a game for them they would’ve been lucky to finish 6th, Mbappe will win it in the next couple of years but probably put in a handful of performances most of which was in the World Cup, by his own standards Ronaldo didn’t have the best of seasons either
    Is that the same Barcelona who were unbeaten for 36 games in a row in the league last year?
    Their only loss was their penultimate game and they won the league by 14pts.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    1. Modric
    2. Mbappe
    3. Salah
    4. De Bruyne
    5. Varane

Messi and Ronaldo both scored over 40 goals last season

Its a testament to how good they are that this is considered normal

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Is that the same Barcelona who were unbeaten for 36 games in a row in the league last year?
    Their only loss was their penultimate game and they won the league by 14pts.
    Yes and they lost because they rested messi, as hard as it may sound because they only lost 1 game they were bad

Not a bad effort from the 5th best player in the world tonight

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I saw a thread on Reddit called the

Fall’on de floor awards

Full of players throwing themselves around FaF

Not a bad effort from the 5th best player in the world tonight
    Messi can't dribble anymore

https://youtu.be/VtfN_71k3cs