+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: And still the dull idiots vote Tory .........

  1. #1

    And still the dull idiots vote Tory .........

    I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

    'The NHS turned its back on mum - and it cost us £250,000' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46378353

  2. #2

    Re: And still the dull idiots vote Tory .........

    I sometimes think that we are all partly to blame for the neglect of the old and infirm. As societies become wealthier it seems that they drift from the concept of a more nuclear family and pass on more responsibility to the state regarding their elderly relatives.

  3. #3

    Re: And still the dull idiots vote Tory .........

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I sometimes think that we are all partly to blame for the neglect of the old and infirm. As societies become wealthier it seems that they drift from the concept of a more nuclear family and pass on more responsibility to the state regarding their elderly relatives.
    It's also possible that, as people need to work later in life, they haven't the time to devote. It's a situation that is only going to get worse.

  4. #4

    Re: And still the dull idiots vote Tory .........

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's also possible that, as people need to work later in life, they haven't the time to devote. It's a situation that is only going to get worse.
    I have an German friend who grew up in the GDR and was about 19 when the wall came down. One of the differences she learned about quickly in respect of West Germany (and indeed the UK) is how families are less cohesive in what was considered 'The West'. Although she now lives in the UK she attends a family get-together in Germany with 30 to 40 relatives every year, something that both Brits and West Germans find unusual but which wasn't unusual in East Germany she tells me.

  5. #5

    Re: And still the dull idiots vote Tory .........

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have an German friend who grew up in the GDR and was about 19 when the wall came down. One of the differences she learned about quickly in respect of West Germany (and indeed the UK) is how families are less cohesive in what was considered 'The West'. Although she now lives in the UK she attends a family get-together in Germany with 30 to 40 relatives every year, something that both Brits and West Germans find unusual but which wasn't unusual in East Germany she tells me.

    Donít include us Irish in that western culture thing, weíre always meeting up family wise ☘️☘️🍺🍺🍺🍺😃😃

  6. #6

    Re: And still the dull idiots vote Tory .........

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Don’t include us Irish in that western culture thing, we’re always meeting up family wise ☘️☘️������������
    Bloody catholics

  7. #7

    Re: And still the dull idiots vote Tory .........

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Bloody catholics

    Thatís the beauty of our cult, weddings funerals, christenings, first communions, conformations, engagements and birthday parties.

    Always an excuse 😂😂😂

  8. #8

    Re: And still the dull idiots vote Tory .........

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have an German friend who grew up in the GDR and was about 19 when the wall came down. One of the differences she learned about quickly in respect of West Germany (and indeed the UK) is how families are less cohesive in what was considered 'The West'. Although she now lives in the UK she attends a family get-together in Germany with 30 to 40 relatives every year, something that both Brits and West Germans find unusual but which wasn't unusual in East Germany she tells me.
    There's a big difference between looking after someone in old age and meeting up now and again for a pissup.

  9. #9

    Re: And still the dull idiots vote Tory .........

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There's a big difference between looking after someone in old age and meeting up now and again for a pissup.
    Indeed but her observations run a bit deeper than that I can assure you.

  10. #10

    Re: And still the dull idiots vote Tory .........

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There's a big difference between looking after someone in old age and meeting up now and again for a pissup.
    Indeed but her observations run a bit deeper than that I can assure you. I am no communist but I think that materialism comes at a price.

  11. #11

    Re: And still the dull idiots vote Tory .........

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

    'The NHS turned its back on mum - and it cost us £250,000' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46378353
    I getting very worried that there's no good news going on in the NHS ,which is a worry as its getting £116.4 billion and is the sixth organisation in the world ,employing approx 1. 7 million ::


    USA Army 2.86 million
    Chinese Army 2.52 million
    Walmart 2.3 million
    China Railway 2 million
    McDonald's 1.9 million
    National Health Service 1.7 million
    China Petroleum 1.5 million
    State Grid Corporation of China 1.5 million
    Indian Railways 1.4 million
    Indian Army 1.3 million

  12. #12

    Re: And still the dull idiots vote Tory .........

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I getting very worried that there's no good news going on in the NHS ,which is a worry as its getting £116.4 billion and is the sixth organisation in the world ,employing approx 1. 7 million ::


    USA Army 2.86 million
    Chinese Army 2.52 million
    Walmart 2.3 million
    China Railway 2 million
    McDonald's 1.9 million
    National Health Service 1.7 million
    China Petroleum 1.5 million
    State Grid Corporation of China 1.5 million
    Indian Railways 1.4 million
    Indian Army 1.3 million
    It's like tripadvisor, people don't tend to say anything when they have an okay time. My mum nearly died of pneumonia and received a fantastic service in intensive care yet when we talk NHS she moans about her knee op that left her with a dodgy ankle.

  13. #13

    Re: And still the dull idiots vote Tory .........

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It's like tripadvisor, people don't tend to say anything when they have an okay time. My mum nearly died of pneumonia and received a fantastic service in intensive care yet when we talk NHS she moans about her knee op that left her with a dodgy ankle.
    Yes your right ,life is like that I guess, folk are more motivated on bad news.

    I was rushed in two years ago ,got to the GP in terrible pain about 9am , on the operation cut and ready by 2pm , out two days later, bloody remarkable free service .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •