+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Government in contempt of Parliament

Re: Government in contempt of Parliament

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If you cast your mind back, Boris and Gove were totally shocked to have won. There was no statement on the following morning, and if I remember correctly they went off to a barbecue or something like that. Plan B was to hand over to Theresa May, and then we had the joke leadership contest where everybody fell on their sword, and May became PM unopposed. And now we find out there is a possible 150 year TIP clause in the leave deal that she cooked up with the EU! Cue the calls for a second referendum after two more years of project fear, and it's all very predictable when you know what the game is.
    That's 3 attempts to answer my question totally ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's 3 attempts to answer my question totally ignored.
    I laid it all out two years ago. Leave wasn't expected to win, and in the remote chance that they did, a contingency plan was already in place. They were never going to be specific about what type of leave was on offer as it would be enforceable! What's so hard to understand?

Leave was never supposed to win.
    If leave was never supposed to win, why try and appeal to such a broad selection of leave voters, some of whom wanted no deal, some wanted a Norwegian style arrangement, some wanted some future deal with the EU for trade etc etc.

The best referendum question would have been remain vs no-deal. That would have been something like 62/38 in favour of remain if opinion polls regarding leave voters intentions are accurate. That's why the leave vote had to encompass as many possible scenarios as possible. Whether leave was supposed to lose or not is irrelevant here. Leave was given more of an opportunity to win. That's utterly obvious. That's why I'm certain the leave campaign would have refused a shoot out of remain vs no deal. Your lack of opposition to this tells me a lot.

I laid it all out two years ago. Leave wasn't expected to win, and in the remote chance that they did, a contingency plan was already in place. They were never going to be specific about what type of leave was on offer as it would be enforceable! What's so hard to understand?
    And a fourth. Tell me what you said 2 years ago.

If leave was never supposed to win, why try and appeal to such a broad selection of leave voters, some of whom wanted no deal, some wanted a Norwegian style arrangement, some wanted some future deal with the EU for trade etc etc.

The best referendum question would have been remain vs no-deal. That would have been something like 62/38 in favour of remain if opinion polls regarding leave voters intentions are accurate. That's why the leave vote had to encompass as many possible scenarios as possible. Whether leave was supposed to lose or not is irrelevant here. Leave was given more of an opportunity to win. That's utterly obvious. That's why I'm certain the leave campaign would have refused a shoot out of remain vs no deal. Your lack of opposition to this tells me a lot.
    It's immaterial because they didn't want any actionable leave result, the intention was to stay in the EU! They already had the contingency plan ready and waiting in the form of Theresa May.

And a fourth. Tell me what you said 2 years ago.
    Read above!

It's immaterial because they didn't want any actionable leave result, the intention was to stay in the EU! They already had the contingency plan ready and waiting in the form of Theresa May.
    Of course it's not immaterial. There's talk of civil war if Brexit doesn't happen. The issue was/is so divisive.

If it was immaterial, why didn't Cameron say, as he could have done, thanks for the result in this advisory referendum, we'll consider it as part of government policy, instead of it being something the government said needed to be acted on? Why let it run for 2 years instead of nipping it in the bud?

That doesn't make sense whatsoever. Again, I'll ask. Would the leave campaign have been happy for it to have been a straight shoot out between leave everything, no-deal and remain?
    We discussed this topic to death two years ago. My prediction was spot-on. Goodnight!

We discussed this topic to death two years ago. My prediction was spot-on. Goodnight!
    Yet you won't answer my questions. Typical Brexiter.

Of course it's not immaterial. There's talk of civil war if Brexit doesn't happen. The issue was/is so divisive.

If it was immaterial, why didn't Cameron say, as he could have done, thanks for the result in this advisory referendum, we'll consider it as part of government policy, instead of it being something the government said needed to be acted on? Why let it run for 2 years instead of nipping it in the bud?
    Because there was already a contingency plan in place for May and her pals to step in, so Cameron made an immediate exit. Sweet dreams

Yet you won't answer my questions. Typical Brexiter.
    You have as much chance of accidentally treading in unicorn shit as getting a straight answer I am afraid.

Because there was already a contingency plan in place for May and her pals to step in, so Cameron made an immediate exit. Sweet dreams
    Still talking out of your arse and avoiding my questions like the knob you are.

Why did May call an election? Are you saying she knew there would be a hung parliament to aid he cause when her party were 20 points ahead in the polls?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You have as much chance of accidentally treading in unicorn shit as getting a straight answer I am afraid.
    Of course, but it's still fun to win another battle with a leave voter.

Are parliament in contempt of the peoples voting decision.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Are parliament in contempt of the peoples voting decision.
    Quite a few people have explained why this is a stupid question already

Still talking out of your arse and avoiding my questions like the knob you are.

Why did May call an election? Are you saying she knew there would be a hung parliament to aid he cause when her party were 20 points ahead in the polls?
    If anybody is a knob it's you, and a stupid one at that. We were discussing the 2016 referendem, it's aftermath, and the scheme to remain attached to the EU, and you randomly changed the topic to the general election.

Since you have now pivoted, I thought it would be obvious to anybody who was paying attention that after a prolonged establishment smear campaign against Corbyn, May thought thought she could remove him as Labour leader at the ballot box. She was hoping that a likeminded globalist Blairite would take over at the despatch box and assist her with her EU dreams. It turned out to be a huge miscalculation, and now they are scrambling to avoid us leaving without a deal, which is what the true brexiteers want.

Of course, but it's still fun to win another battle with a leave voter.
    No fecking chance mate!

BTW I didn't vote leave, I'm just observing events unfold.

If anybody is a knob it's you, and a stupid one at that. We were discussing the 2016 referendem, it's aftermath, and the scheme to remain attached to the EU, and you randomly changed the topic to the general election.

Since you have now pivoted, I thought it would be obvious to anybody who was paying attention that after a prolonged establishment smear campaign against Corbyn, May thought thought she could remove him as Labour leader at the ballot box. She was hoping that a likeminded globalist Blairite would take over at the despatch box and assist her with her EU dreams. It turned out to be a huge miscalculation, and now they are scrambling to avoid us leaving without a deal, which is what the true brexiteers want.
    Are there any true Brexiteers in parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Are there any true Brexiteers in parliament?
    Good question, I wouldn't trust any of them

Good question, I wouldn't trust any of them
    So you think the best explanation for what is going on now is that it is all a performance and none of them believe in brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    So you think the best explanation for what is going on now is that it is all a performance and none of them believe in brexit
    Politics is a horrible business full of horrible people. The bits we get to see are all an act, and they are definitely not working on behalf of the electorate.

The irony, the sweet, sweet irony

So what did the people vote for? No-deal? Norway style? May's deal? Don't say leave, as we know leave meant a lot of different things.
    People voted in silos, North East was fishing , run down coastal towns and poorer northern towns saw immigration effecting their services , farmers felt the French had a better deal . What I have never really worked out was what Labour voters were voting for in places like Wales , where Europe delivered a lot of funding ,and saw us as a net beneficiary .

Politics is a horrible business full of horrible people. The bits we get to see are all an act, and they are definitely not working on behalf of the electorate.
    So everybody is in on it?

Now moving onto the civil service, lots of them involved in this production, are they all acting too? Press? Them too?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    People voted in silos, North East was fishing , run down coastal towns and poorer northern towns saw immigration effecting their services , farmers felt the French had a better deal . What I have never really worked out was what Labour voters were voting for in places like Wales , where Europe delivered a lot of funding ,and saw us as a net beneficiary .
    You know he means which version of leave and not why. You avoided answering this question in another thread too, why?