Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
This covers quite a bit of ground in a meandering sort of way. As with most of your posts on this subject, they provide a quick skate over what has actually happened in the two and a half years since the referendum and then concentrate on a critique of the Labour Party's position.

Your plea for consensus might be merited if the Conservative Party and UK government under Theresa May hadn't spent 30 months arguing and fighting with itself. If it had unanimity, then together with a few Labour rebels, it would see off any opposition to the deal it has negotiated.

It might come as a surprise but one of the key responsibilities of HM Opposition is to oppose. All political parties need power to deliver their policies so decrying naked attempts to achieve that power are naive at best. Labour's 6 tests are frankly undeliverable but they happen to be all promisory notes given by Leave campaigners to the electorate prior to the referendum.

Jeremy Corbyn is probably the most unelectable Labour leader since Michael Foot. His rebellious behaviour when his party has been in government and out and his attachment to dubious causes alienate lots of people including me. To his credit though he often seeks to highlight issues outside of the Brexit bubble that are important to people such as Universal Credit, social welfare, transport and poverty. If he thinks that Brexit is a vehicle to force change and elect a government that gives power to deliver on these issues when kowtowing to May's deal would not what is wrong with that?
I like to meander , and yes it is an attempt to summarise ,apologies for that .

One point you have skated around yourself is my view that the opposition should have a detailed alternative Brexit plan , if that of May's is so crap .

If one shouts its crap, surely its beholdent on one to provide some detailed alternative .

I see a lot of posters on this forum asking the same when political messages are made strangely they are not asked that of their own political masters , I honestly don't see it hear an alternative detaled plan ,do you ??

Where's the alternative plan to the Irish Border problem , if as we suspect JC wants out of the EU . ( lets be honest they don't have one ,or want to have one , as they in turn will be shot down just like May is , saying nothing of detail , and just complaining suits them at the moment ,exposure will come though )

I'd settle for a meandering plan , at least it shows purpose ,and an alternative plan .