+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ralls

Re: Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Although they are few and far between surely we have a nominated penalty-taker so it's not debated on the pitch? If it's Ralls that was poor by Camarasa. Ralls had scored 7 of his prior 8 but there was little conviction in that one.
    There's been little conviction in 90% of them.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes leave the lad alone he's done well, let's not destroy a developing talent .
    A developing talent ? Can't wait for him to learn to pass, tackle properly, turn his body any other way from when he gets the ball, shoot, etc, etc.
    He was OK last year but even in the Championship looked clumsy and lacking in natural ability. At this level he's not even making up the numbers.
    I'm sure he's a really lovely bloke, but he's a useless at this level I'm afraid..

Ralls should not be anywhere near the first team.

Nothing to do with his penalty miss but he is simply not good enough.

Warnock though seems to have a soft spot for him

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Our defending was awful during the second half, although it would be nice if the midfield as a collective could try and keep the ball. Joe Ralls is 25.
    We need more midfield players on the pitch, 6 aren't enough!

I don't think he's been bad all season, just since he was sent off at Spurs. He has been watching the play instead of anticipating it, a lot of the time he only has an easy pass to make and he fails to make it. His quickness of thought is gone/not there, the opposition just play the ball around him because they know he can't anticipate the play and therefore can just run rings around him. A lot of the time it feels like even his own teammates don't trust him.

Arter and Camarasa, although both prone to errors, have far superior footballing brains than Ralls does. If you ask me, he needs a loan to another championship club for the rest of the season and we bring in one or two more midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Ladies and gents, we have our first scapegoat this season.
    First

Theres always one player gets it in the neck.It used to be Hudson and Rae.Get off Joes back.
    We are working on a shoestring in the best division in the world.
    The chances of picking up points away from home against teams who have spent mega bucks are pretty much zero

Earlier in the season some posters were saying that if we got relegated Ralls would be transferred to another Premier League team. How times change.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Theres always one player gets it in the neck.It used to be Hudson and Rae.Get off Joes back.
    The chances of picking up points away from home against teams who have spent mega bucks are pretty much zero
    It’s not just last night he’s been consistently poor for awhile personally I would go with
    Ethridge
    Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennet
    Gunnar
    Arter
    Camarasa
    Harris
    Murphy
    Paterson/maybe NML could make a makeshift striker with the 3 rotating

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Do you think we are a better team with him in it

Personally I thought we were better when he was suspended
    He doesn’t warrant a place in the side he’s out of his depth ,
    Technically and physically

His footballing brain is not up to the prem
    I’ve been watching him closely the past 4 games and I’m sorry he doesn’t do no where near enough to justify his selection

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    As reliable as a Tesla rally car.
    What an odd analogy

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Do you think we are a better team with him in it

Personally I thought we were better when he was suspended
    He doesn’t warrant a place in the side he’s out of his depth ,
    Technically and physically

His footballing brain is not up to the prem
    I’ve been watching him closely the past 4 games and I’m sorry he doesn’t do no where near enough to justify his selection
    you need to watch the other 10 mate.Its a team game

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Get over yourself man.
    Our defending tonight was shocking and that was were we lost the game. Dont put all the blame on a young midfield player still learning
    Someone should tell him that Cardiff City normally play in blue at least he might be able to pick out City players with his passes at home games

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What an odd analogy
    I was trying to be clever.

People call him reliable and Ralls Royce. So I thought an electric car in the desert would better describe his recent form.

Not my best work.

I was trying to be clever.

People call him reliable and Ralls Royce. So I thought an electric car in the desert would better describe his recent form.

Not my best work.
    Fair play though, you've held your hand up and taken responsibility for that one. If you knuckle down in training I'm sure you'll be back to the quality of message board posts that Mike Morris expects.

I'm really surprised at the animosity shown towards Ralls who has been a really reliable player for us over the years. Personally I think he's playing with an injury following the Spurs match (chipped bone in the knee they said?) as well as clearly struggling slightly to make the step up.

I watched MOTD last night and thought his penalty was well struck but the keeper went the right way - these things happen to the best of players. I'm sure he didn't play well based on the negative reports on here and he is still having to up his game for sure, but a few posters need to have a good look at themselves and what they've posted. To me a lot of it sounds like pent up dislike that they've finally been able to release.

For me, I'm not saying Ralls should be forgotten or sold. He can always work his way back into the team. I'd just like to try Camarasa in the middle and then play two of Murphy/Hoilett/Kadeem/NML.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Fair play though, you've held your hand up and taken responsibility for that one. If you knuckle down in training I'm sure you'll be back to the quality of message board posts that Mike Morris expects.
    It’s getting like that shite Top Gear on here, Tesla, Ralls Royce, Mike Morris Minor!!!!

For me, I'm not saying Ralls should be forgotten or sold. He can always work his way back into the team. I'd just like to try Camarasa in the middle and then play two of Murphy/Hoilett/Kadeem/NML.
    This

He’s been poor for some time, even when people on here thought he had a decent game I just don’t see it midfield is the most important position imo and you can’t carry someone in there especially in this league

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Ladies and gents, we have our first scapegoat this season.
    People complain about Manga all the time. I think he's been one of our best players.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    People complain about Manga all the time. I think he's been one of our best players.
    Agreed. Imagine advocating Jazz Richards actually start a premier league based off the evidence we have seen. Bruno has been pretty good this season.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I find it hard to knock him as he’s playing in one of the hardest positions in this day and age and he’s out of position I would rather we got a RB in January and moved him to CB

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I find it hard to knock him as he’s playing in one of the hardest positions in this day and age and he’s out of position I would rather we got a RB in January and moved him to CB
    The two ‘out of position’ players, Manga & Paterson, are doing a hell of a job in the circumstances, they’re not exactly up against Sunday League opposition. They’re having to tough it out against some of the best players on earth, it’s a massive ask.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The two ‘out of position’ players, Manga & Paterson, are doing a hell of a job in the circumstances, they’re not exactly up against Sunday League opposition. They’re having to tough it out against some of the best players on earth, it’s a massive ask.
    Agreed Paterson seems to give 200% every game, he must shave that tache though