+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dragging on since 1991

Dragging on since 1991

The M4 relief Rd. looks like the t0$$ers in The bay are going to drag it out for another few months.
    Just build it

Re: Dragging on since 1991

I can see from the environmentalists point of view sort of, but unfortunately the country, forget the region, the country needs this road desperately. They need to get on with railway electrification and the metro whilst they're at it. I'm sure everything in this country takes 10x as long to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I can see from the environmentalists point of view sort of, but unfortunately the country, forget the region, the country needs this road desperately. They need to get on with railway electrification and the metro whilst they're at it. I'm sure everything in this country takes 10x as long to do.
    The whole transport system in this country is diabolical look at where the airport is for ffs it’s just as easy to fly from Bristol. I have to drive down that stupid a470 every work day and that twat Carwyn wants to reduce the speed limits because of carbon footprint obviously the dull twat had never driven on there between 7-9 am & 3-6 pm on a week day, it’s ridiculous there’s only a handful of ways to get in and out of Cardiff and yet they want more big events in the city

Wales' entire transport system needs to be re-evaluated, its diabolical

Llanrumney, the population of a small town, has two exits, Mount Pleasant & Llanrumney Avenue!!!!!! New estate being built on Caer Castell, Newport Rd is chaos now down to the ancient Rumney Bridge. A road from the bottom of Llanrumney over to the Eastern Avenue is a must. Pentwyn, Llanedeyrn & Pontprennau have all got there own access on the other side. Do City Planners actually plan???

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Llanrumney, the population of a small town, has two exits, Mount Pleasant & Llanrumney Avenue!!!!!! New estate being built on Caer Castell, Newport Rd is chaos now down to the ancient Rumney Bridge. A road from the bottom of Llanrumney over to the Eastern Avenue is a must. Pentwyn, Llanedeyrn & Pontprennau have all got there own access on the other side. Do City Planners actually plan???
    East Cardiff simply has to be served by the Metro with numerous stops ASAP. That would reduce a hell of a lot of the road traffic all the way along Newport Road.

Just home the price of road tax and fuel. That'll deter people from driving and opting use our fantastic public transport.

I was thinking the other day, the government should have kept the toll and just used the money collected to fund the relief road as much as possible.

Scrapping tolls will inevitably lead to more businesses locating the Welsh side of the bridge (at least that is the hope) and that will ensure increases in traffic which will inevitably exacerbate the situation. The lack of foresight of the Welsh Government knows no bounds. If this situation existed in England or even Scotland a decent new road would have been built years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Scrapping tolls will inevitably lead to more businesses locating the Welsh side of the bridge (at least that is the hope) and that will ensure increases in traffic which will inevitably exacerbate the situation. The lack of foresight of the Welsh Government knows no bounds. If this situation existed in England or even Scotland a decent new road would have been built years ago.
    Corporal Carwyn is a true revolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Just home the price of road tax and fuel. That'll deter people from driving and opting use our fantastic public transport.

I live in Rumney left the house at 9-10 on Monday to go to Llantrisant, it to me 40 minutes to get to the M4 at Pontprenau due to a traffic jam from St Mellon’s roundabout to the slip road for Pontprenau and I assume the jam went way past there to the Gabalfa flyover, the roads in east Wales are a joke FFS

So you're saying we could solve the problem entirely by simply blocking off mount pleasant and llanrumney avenue?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    So you're saying we could solve the problem entirely by simply blocking off mount pleasant and llanrumney avenue?
    Pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by Penybont Blue View Post
    The M4 relief Rd. looks like the t0$$ers in The bay are going to drag it out for another few months.
    Just build it
    M25 anybody, just build it and that's all the transport problems over, oh, hang on...
    https://populationmatters.org/support-us
    Feck you.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    M25 anybody, just build it and that's all the transport problems over, oh, hang on...
    Feck you.
    I find that those complaining about population rarely offer to sacrifice themselves or their family for the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Feck you.
    So lets all sit about and let south east Wales, by far and away the most important political and economic sphere of our country sit in the 1970s. Have a day off.

When I lived in London, it used to take me an hour and half by public transport to travel 15 miles. When I changed work location, it took me an hour to travel 7 miles by car (no easy public transport to the locality I worked in). That was at 6am. It's the same problem in the whole of the UK. It now takes me 45 minutes to get to work in Cardiff, a distance of 35 miles from where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    So lets all sit about and let south east Wales, by far and away the most important political and economic sphere of our country sit in the 1970s. Have a day off.
    I'm no City planner but if travelling into the center of Cardiff is already difficult I can't see why you would relocate major offices into town, the HMRC office for example, without first improving travel options. For me, we need an upgrade to Cardiff Central train station and if there is no space to expand then a second medium sized station to be built.

If you take that thinking and apply it to Wales as a country then we need to either a) improve travel options before cramming everything into smallest possible area and/or b) spread things out a bit more. Instead Alun Cairns wants everything crammed into Cardiff/Bristol area and isn't supporting job opportunities outside this region or much needed improvements to travel options, unless boosting travel around Bristol area equally/firstly.

Unless you're in London, it seems that there is no spend that's worth the taxpayer's money.

Can't wait until the 100's of homes are built North of Cardiff, the BBC site too, all trying to get into the City. The clowns in the assembly are still trying to get private funding for their 'lagoon' in Swansea Bay.

God help us. The Scots and Irish politicians can be annoying, but I dread giving any extra powers to the Taffs down the bay...

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'm no City planner but if travelling into the center of Cardiff is already difficult I can't see why you would relocate major offices into town, the HMRC office for example, without first improving travel options. For me, we need an upgrade to Cardiff Central train station and if there is no space to expand then a second medium sized station to be built.

If you take that thinking and apply it to Wales as a country then we need to either a) improve travel options before cramming everything into smallest possible area and/or b) spread things out a bit more. Instead Alun Cairns wants everything crammed into Cardiff/Bristol area and isn't supporting job opportunities outside this region or much needed improvements to travel options, unless boosting travel around Bristol area equally/firstly.

Unless you're in London, it seems that there is no spend that's worth the taxpayer's money.
    No argument here, what you're saying is right... but it doesn't detract from the fact the relief road is needed on the M4. Cardiff desperately needs the Parkway train station to become a reality, as does it need a relatively big station on Newport road. I would say that when (if) the metro gets up and running, the potential for places in the Valleys to have bigger employment bases is fairly open.