+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Points per game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Points per game

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There are some parallels between this season and the Jack's first season. It took us 4 matches to score our first goal, it took them 5. We couldn't win away during the first half of the season then won away on match no 20. Swansea didn't win away until match no 20.

In terms of growing into the league, I think we're learning more about it as they did. The only difference in terms of stats is that they managed 5 more draws than us at this stage and conceded less (and undoubtedly had more possession). It'll be interesting to see what happens now. Will we beat one of the big boys at home? Can we keep this run going and finish more mid table than near the bottom?
    It'll be interesting, we've definitely got a bad run in us at some point, we even had one at the turn of the year last season when we were promoted.
    That said, we could also go on a run of winning very unlikely games like Warnock did against Rotherham.

I think a lot will also be down to how the other teams go - Fulham are a worry as they have the firepower to do well and have suddenly started not to give up as many huge chances.

Re: Points per game

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It'll be interesting, we've definitely got a bad run in us at some point, we even had one at the turn of the year last season when we were promoted.
    That said, we could also go on a run of winning very unlikely games like Warnock did against Rotherham.

I think a lot will also be down to how the other teams go - Fulham are a worry as they have the firepower to do well and have suddenly started not to give up as many huge chances.
    Reading other forums the feeling is that only Huddersfield fans think that they are gone.

The others all seem certain we'll end up in it.

I think we can finish above Newcastle (can't see any investment in Jan although Tom Cairney looks like swapping with Voldomort), Burnley (Same little investment in Jan) Fulham (will spend but I think they are still not a side up for a fight) Huddersfield (gone) and Southampton (new manager bounce will end.)