+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Supporters Club bus for Watford

Supporters Club bus for Watford

got tickets for me and my boy for Watford.

Deciding whether to get the bus...been a very long time since I took the bus. I am presuming they pick up in Barry at Jenner Park still ?

Few questions from my lad...does the bus have plug sockets so he can charge his phone/tablet.

Is it straight off the bus at Watford and straight into the ground (he likes a pub lunch !). I note a total alcohol ban on the bus which is great.

Is it just one stop up and one stop back at the services for 20 mins ..and lastly, given no major traffic disruption (I know we have to go back over the old bridge)...what time would we get back to Barry

sorry for the questions, I am trying to convince him the bus is OK as he likes the freedom in the car !

any help gratefully received

Re: Supporters Club bus for Watford

I’d be interested in the same info too.

International

And is there a requirement to carry boxing gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicerino View Post
    got tickets for me and my boy for Watford.

Deciding whether to get the bus...been a very long time since I took the bus. I am presuming they pick up in Barry at Jenner Park still ?
    There are pick ups in Barry....check exactly where/when at the CCSC shop pre match.
    Few questions from my lad...does the bus have plug sockets so he can charge his phone/tablet.
    No.
    Is it straight off the bus at Watford and straight into the ground (he likes a pub lunch !). I note a total alcohol ban on the bus which is great.
    Travel is timed to arrive roughly 2 hours before kick off so plenty of time to find somewhere suitable.
    Is it just one stop up and one stop back at the services for 20 mins ..and lastly, given no major traffic disruption (I know we have to go back over the old bridge)...what time would we get back to Barry
    Generally a 30 minute stop at the services on the way up. A stop on return can depend on factors such as drivers hours. There are toilets on the NAT coaches though. Coaches are very clean and comfortable/no alcohol. Not sure what time you would get back to Barry...best check approximate times at the CCSC shop. Depends partly on the number of drop offs on the way back.
    sorry for the questions, I am trying to convince him the bus is OK as he likes the freedom in the car !
    Buses are fine (and no need to have to find/pay for parking near the destination ground).
    any help gratefully received
    Presuming you are thinking about the CCSC coaches....see above. Hope this helps.

The official Supporters Club coaches will delight fans of a sterile environment. Smoking, vaping and the consumption of alcohol is banned, while smiling and breathing excessively is frowned upon. Anyone found laughing will receive a warning, those caught a second time are toe-ended onto the motorway's hard shoulder. Marshals are present on each coach. They continually traverse the aisle as they hum German marching songs. Vince Alm's coach is the best (or worst, depending on one's view) as he won't tolerate noise above a very low threshold. He stands at the front near the driver throughout journeys with an ear trumpet hoping to pinpoint the source of rustling crisp packets.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The official Supporters Club coaches will delight fans of a sterile environment. Smoking, vaping and the consumption of alcohol is banned, while smiling and breathing excessively is frowned upon. Anyone found laughing will receive a warning, those caught a second time are toe-ended onto the motorway's hard shoulder. Marshals are present on each coach. They continually traverse the aisle as they hum German marching songs. Vince Alm's coach is the best (or worst, depending on one's view) as he won't tolerate noise above a very low threshold. He stands at the front near the driver throughout journeys with an ear trumpet hoping to pinpoint the source of rustling crisp packets.

yes CCSC...thanks Ian

Thanks for that, it is really useful....looks like a battery power pack might win the day for his devices !

cheers Nick

Bring your own seats is a bit of good advice, yours could be gone after the game 😉

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bring your own seats is a bit of good advice, yours could be gone after the game 😉
    Some of our seats were gone before setting off for West Ham....coach had done a school run. All well in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Vince's coach...take ear plugs, it's always Fast and Furious 6 on the tv😁
    Top tip....to blend in bring a plastic (preferably David "shame rhey closed it down" Morgan Christmas 1983 "dead handy so I've kept it") bag full of crisps, pop, cheese and onion sarnies and Haribos. The latter are volunatarily donated to any CCSC reps on entry to the coach. It's the CCSC equivalent of the Mason's handshake.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Some of our seats were gone before setting off for West Ham....coach had done a school run. All well in the end.
    Schooligans!!!!!