+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Mutch - January target?

Jordan Mutch - January target?

Seems unlikely (not a defensive midfielder to compete with Gunnar) but who knows?

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...r-cardiff-city

Re: Jordan Mutch - January target?

Surely not.

Was our best outfield player in the last premier season. Strong, direct and always looking to get forward. I think hes a really good fit for a Warnock team.

Injury prone though and hasn't done anything since leaving us, even flopped on loan at reading.
    Could go either way

Scraping the barrell.

Spends far too much time injured, I'm shocked that he's only 27, he's been in the wilderness for 3 years.

Who would drop out of the squad to accomodate him, Damour?

Only 2 years older than Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Spends far too much time injured, I'm shocked that he's only 27, he's been in the wilderness for 3 years.

Who would drop out of the squad to accomodate him, Damour?
    He'll probably be offered a 6 year deal to temp him here.

If hes a free transfer, im sure we could be interested.
    But wow,always injured and has gone backwards since he left.
    Get the feeling it may just happen though

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Seems unlikely (not a defensive midfielder to compete with Gunnar) but who knows?

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...r-cardiff-city
    It must be silly season.

Heisenberg

He scored a screamer for the Vancouver Whitecaps recently but he's apparently not a regular starter for them. I'd hope we were aiming higher than a player who isn't first choice for his team in the MLS.

No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He'll probably be offered a 6 year deal to temp him here.
    That’s a long temp 😂😂😂😂

Gosh no ,that time has gone if he was any good he'd be in a championship side at least

Never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He scored a screamer for the Vancouver Whitecaps recently but he's apparently not a regular starter for them. I'd hope we were aiming higher than a player who isn't first choice for his team in the MLS.
    This might be the only thing that would interest me in his signing, Arter hitting the post against Wolves is what I remember as third best "goal" from our CM's thus far and Mutch always seemed to be able to score.

I don't think the rest of his game was that good though and he's been awfully injury prone since. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Please no

Overwhelmingly no then ?

If this is the standard of player you sign in January relegation is inevitable. We had him on loan st Reading in January 17. He was useless and played a small number of games. You need a lot better than Mutch.

Mutch ado about nothing.

I'm reluctant to be too critical of Vincent Tan because of his large debt to equity conversion in the summer, but, if we are really trying to sign Jordon Mutch, given how his career has gone since he left us, you've got to wonder as to the thinking by those in charge of the club's finances. We're in a league where nineteen of the twenty clubs give the impression that they will fight tooth and nail to stay in the division and the other one is acting almost as if relegation is expected.

What has Mutch done to make anyone think that he can make a difference to the chances of us staying up? My only hope with all of this is that it's been reported Neil Warnock wants someone to give us cover for Gunnar in the defensive midfielder stakes - if that is really the case, then I can't see how there can be anything to this story because that was never Mutch's position,

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    This might be the only thing that would interest me in his signing, Arter hitting the post against Wolves is what I remember as third best "goal" from our CM's thus far and Mutch always seemed to be able to score.

I don't think the rest of his game was that good though and he's been awfully injury prone since. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    He scored 7 in 57 for us, but has only managed 3 goals since he left us!

Surely we would be better off re-signing Gregg Halford as cover than Mutch ? Not that I’m advocating this quality of signing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Was our best outfield player in the last premier season. Strong, direct and always looking to get forward. I think hes a really good fit for a Warnock team.

Injury prone though and hasn't done anything since leaving us, even flopped on loan at reading.
    Could go either way
    He could be really bad, or really, really bad? The guy is washed up, Vancouver don't even want him. If Mutch is the limits of our spending, we're better off not bothering and writing this season off.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm reluctant to be too critical of Vincent Tan because of his large debt to equity conversion in the summer, but, if we are really trying to sign Jordon Mutch, given how his career has gone since he left us, you've got to wonder as to the thinking by those in charge of the club's finances. We're in a league where nineteen of the twenty clubs give the impression that they will fight tooth and nail to stay in the division and the other one is acting almost as if relegation is expected.
    Are you saying that my aspirations that we're going to sign Joe Allan are misplaced!