Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 SOUTHAMPTON. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 SOUTHAMPTON. Match thread

Saturday 3:00pm

Referee: Jonathan Moss
    Assistants: Harry Lennard, Andy Halliday
    Fourth official: Graham Scott

Saints with a new manager - Ralph Hasenhuttl

Cardiff are 2 points and 2 places above Southampton going into this game.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SOUTHAMPTON. Match thread

Anyone else a million times more excited for these games, compared to the Liverpools and Manchesters?

Can't wait.

Yes, big game with a realistic chance of winning.

Etheridge

Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Arter
    Gunnar

NML
    Camarasa
    Murphy

Paterson

I don't think we can afford an L here. This must BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Etheridge

Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Arter
    Gunnar

NML
    Camarasa
    Murphy

Paterson

Yes that should do the job. The same terrible back four as the Hammers game. Something has to change at the back or we are going down

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Yes that should do the job. The same terrible back four as the Hammers game. Something has to change at the back or we are going down
    Who do you propose then ? The back four, other than the 1st goal didn't anything it hadn't done thus far this season. The complete ineptitude of the entire midfield was the issue on tuesday, hence a reshuffle in my team.

Let me guess ? Jazz Richards. Bore off.

We have to be more forward thinking. Should take pressure off defence. Assume Murphy will play in place of Ralls but apart from that I don't know what else Warnock can/will do.
    Any guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    We have to be more forward thinking. Should take pressure off defence. Assume Murphy will play in place of Ralls but apart from that I don't know what else Warnock can/will do.
    Any guesses?
    Ralls definitely needs a rest, maybe bring him on as a sub. Would really like to see Camarasa as the number 10 tomorrow. Otherwise maybe revert back to the 3 at the back that worked quite well against Wolves.

Ralls definitely needs a rest, maybe bring him on as a sub. Would really like to see Camarasa as the number 10 tomorrow. Otherwise maybe revert back to the 3 at the back that worked quite well against Wolves.
    I have no idea how Soton will set up but from what I have read the manager like a high press game. So I assume they will try to be aggressive from the off.
    The 3 at the back worked well but Wolves played very narrow. With Redmond in the team I guess Soton will have width which would make 3 at the back tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I have no idea how Soton will set up but from what I have read the manager like a high press game. So I assume they will try to be aggressive from the off.
    The 3 at the back worked well but Wolves played very narrow. With Redmond in the team I guess Soton will have width which would make 3 at the back tricky.

This managing lark is easy. "I`m the new manager, press high". sorted.

This is a massive game for us today.

Our home form is crucial and with our next two home matches after today against Man Utd and Spurs we really need to nail a victory.

Southampton are on a 13 game run without a win. We have to make that 14.

Cardiff 0-2 Southampton

He likes a card or two, does Jonathan Moss.

A cheeky fiver on a sending off?

hoping Ken gets a few minutes. seems a waste of a player at the moment. Although i would like a paterson hatrick prior to him being subbed.

Spread bet quoting 42pts (10Y 25R). Worth a punt, downside risk low 😊

Opta stats

• Cardiff and Southampton last faced in league competition in 2013-14 in the Premier League - Saints won 3-0 at the Cardiff City Stadium but the Bluebirds won 1-0 at St. Mary's.
    • Prior to winning 3-0 away at Cardiff City on Boxing Day in 2013, Southampton had lost seven consecutive league matches there between 1976 and 2011.
    • Cardiff have won three of their last four Premier League home games (L1), as many as they had in their previous 18 in the competition (W3 D5 L10).
    • Cardiff have come from behind to win their last two home Premier League games - only twice has a club ever done so in three consecutive games at home, Blackburn in November 2009 and Newcastle in March 2013.
    • Cardiff haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last 12 Premier League games. Only Fulham are on a longer current run without one in the competition (15).
    • Southampton's new appointment Ralph Hasenhüttl will be the Premier League's first Austrian manager. None of the last seven permanent Southampton managers have won their first Premier League game in charge of the club (D4 L3), with Paul Sturrock vs Liverpool the last to do so in March 2004.

MASSIVE game. Southampton played much better against Spurs than the 3-1 scoreline suggests.

I love games like this. And I love that the crowd are fighting alongside the team. Expecting another great atmosphere.

Three points please lads.

Three points and I'll be bouncing.

Ralls dropped, and rightly so in my opinion.

That's the right starting line up. Make it loud today.

Etheridge

Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Arter
    Gunnar

NML
    Camarasa
    Murphy

Paterson
    Thanks for the heads up yesterday Neil 😂

We've had so many good chances. We're going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    We've had so many good chances. We're going to lose.
    That’s the worry. As soon as that penalty was missed v West Ham I was just wait8ng to hear they were 1 up.....

Definite penalty not given

We had some luck there.

Only one watching this in the sports bar, all the locals watching Man U.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 SOUTHAMPTON. Match thread

What an entertaining game in the rain. Either side could have won it but we got more than a slice of luck in the 2nd half. Having said that we really should have been leading at half time. Great to see Mendez in full stride again. I thought Arter and Bamba were outstanding today.