+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 SOUTHAMPTON. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 SOUTHAMPTON. Match thread

We are 14th in the premier league of football division ball.

LET'S GO.

****ing love this team.

We were great in the first half. Rode our luck in the second half. Southampton are atrocious at the back.

Arter was great. No skill on him but brings so much to the team. Camarasa does give the ball away but I don't care I love him.

Brilliant boys, 5 clear of the relegation zone

Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    What an entertaining game in the rain. Either side could have won it but we got more than a slice of luck in the 2nd half. Having said that we really should have been leading at half time. Great to see Mendez in full stride again. I thought Arter and Bamba were outstanding today.
    Agreed Arter definitely uses Duracell batteries he just doesn’t stop running, brilliant win today

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    What an entertaining game in the rain. Either side could have won it but we got more than a slice of luck in the 2nd half. Having said that we really should have been leading at half time. Great to see Mendez in full stride again. I thought Arter and Bamba were outstanding today.
    It's a game that sparks different opinions and I saw it a little bit different.

It was an entertaining game but not really for the right reasons: messy in midfield, we broke only to feck it up, they passed around us only to have no quality in attack. Ref didn't let things go because we wanted the game to flow but because he seemed too unfit to keep up with the play and spot things. Mendez was not match-fit and at times didn't seem to know what to do, but was still one of our better attacking weapons. Arter was really good and Bamba too.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

It was an entertaining game but not really for the right reasons: messy in midfield, we broke only to feck it up, they passed around us only to have no quality in attack. Ref didn't let things go because we wanted the game to flow but because he seemed too unfit to keep up with the play and spot things. Mendez was not match-fit and at times didn't seem to know what to do, but was still one of our better attacking weapons. Arter was really good and Bamba too.
    That's more or less how I saw it. A difficult and frustrating game to watch at times. We're still losing possession too easily far too often but on this occasion, Southampton were worse.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

I thought we played some good stuff and attempted to hold onto the ball in midfield. It was good to see us trying to play through lines when we could. I thought the midfield 3 were very good. I thought the whole team were good to be honest. The only player that impressed me for Southampton was Lemina.

Really enjoyable game.

Our biggest strength Is our intensity. How we keep that going for 90 minutes I don't know!

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SOUTHAMPTON. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Definite penalty not given

We had some luck there.

Only one watching this in the sports bar, all the locals watching Man U.

Pen my arse, sure its not you watching the Fulham game.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I thought we played some good stuff and attempted to hold onto the ball in midfield. It was good to see us trying to play through lines when we could. I thought the midfield 3 were very good. I thought the whole team were good to be honest. The only player that impressed me for Southampton was Lemina.

Really enjoyable game.

Our biggest strength Is our intensity. How we keep that going for 90 minutes I don't know!
    Maybe not being dry til 30 mins after full-time spoilt my view!!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Brilliant boys, 5 clear of the relegation zone
    4 clear

Great win and as usual superb commitment but I thought the quality was poor yesterday. Throught we strung very little together but created a few ad-hoc chances against a weak defence. Delighted to win when I didn’t think we played very well. Onwards and upwards.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SOUTHAMPTON. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Thanks for the heads up yesterday Neil ��
    I'll be back on friday.

As for the performance, just lacked the cutting edge in the first half to put them away otherwise we could've been out of sight by half time. Second half was tough viewing for both sets of fans, but the effort from the midfielders, particularly Arter was epic. Massive W.

We should have been at least 2-0 up at half time. They had a lot of possession in the second half but didn't create many chances.

Bamba looked supremely confident, almost to the point of overconfidence, whereas Morrison looked like a bundle of nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Bamba looked supremely confident, almost to the point of overconfidence
    There was one point in the game where Bamba busted a gut for about 50 yards down the pitch to chase the ball, and won it. I think he may have lost it in the first place but that desire, and the acceleration and speed he showed to get there when you consider his age, was unreal. He is a warrior and an athlete, and bloody loves playing for us.

How good was it to see just 3 mins added time.