+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul Clement.

Paul Clement.

Sacked by Reading today, He was regarded as one of the real bright young hopes among aspiring British managers three or four years ago, but that's three failures now for him out of three - it may be some time before he gets another chance unless he's prepared to set his sights lower for a while.

Re: Paul Clement.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sacked by Reading today, He was regarded as one of the real bright young hopes among aspiring British managers three or four years ago, but that's three failures now for him out of three - it may be some time before he gets another chance unless he's prepared to set his sights lower for a while.
    I can't see him getting another job, he'll go back to coaching I think. He'll get more money and probably better job security than being a League One manager.

Maybe (like Paul Trollope) better as a coach or assistant manager than the main man.

Didn’t think he done badly at Derby and kept Swansea up didn’t he?
    Kept Reading up last season and they were very poor.
    Probably not one to take a team on and progress but I don’t think he’s terrible.
    But you’re right, probably better suited to coaching.

A thoroughly decent man who was painfully honest in post match interviews.
    He had the useless Ron Gourlay breathing down his neck in training and selection too. He was also very unlucky with injuries.
    Ultimately he couldn’t turn things around. I hope he is successful elsewhere.