+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Getting into Cardiff tonight

Getting into Cardiff tonight

I normally find it is easy enough to get to CCS in time for a game in the evening

BUT

tonight we are heading into cardiff to see the Star wars film in the motorpoint

Now we will be leaving Bath at 4, i know i will hit traffic, but how bad into Cardiff at that time ? ? ?

thinking of going down the A48 into the center and park around the city hall

Re: Getting into Cardiff tonight

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I normally find it is easy enough to get to CCS in time for a game in the evening

BUT

tonight we are heading into cardiff to see the Star wars film in the motorpoint

Now we will be leaving Bath at 4, i know i will hit traffic, but how bad into Cardiff at that time ? ? ?

thinking of going down the A48 into the center and park around the city hall
    Going in about 5.30/6 you should be ok as most will be heading out, If you have a problem on the m4 around Newport Cardiff you may struggle in the a48 in which is always quite heavy anyway.

cheers mate

not a train back home in time, mrs working till 3, girls in school till 3.30

so i will have to hope for the best

Don't forget there is Christmas Shopping, Christmas piss-up and Prince Charles is in town today!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Don't forget there is Christmas Shopping, Christmas piss-up and Prince Charles is in town today!
    you are not trying to make me feel better are you

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you are not trying to make me feel better are you
    What time does it start? I’m sure you will make it by 9.....

Traffic has been worse than normal recently. I think more people have also opted to use their cars for getting in to Cardiff because of uncertainty about the trains.

Not looking good at the moment. See wales online.

Took someone an hour today, to get in from Nth Cardiff

well i picked up the mrs from work at 3.20 then oldest daughter from school at 3.30

all going to plan

Hit the road from Bath to the M4 about 3.50 and its moving at 5 mph, a 5 - 10 min drive took near 1 hour, not a great start

Get on the M4 and its moving great, think this is going well

Hit the M32 junc and its almost stopped, slowly move past the M5 junc, and get on the bridge and it speeds up, get to the toll booths and a fair wait, but seen worse

then from the Bridge to the llanedeyrn turn off it was really slow, that took over 1 and 1/2 hours

get down the A48 and park at the city hall at just before 7, move sharpish over to the motorpoint and in by 7.10

it started at 7.30, a very stressful drive up

the performance was good, sure it was just a new hope with a live orchestra, but we enjoyed it