+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trust me. A Warning to the evey day Joe.

Trust me. A Warning to the evey day Joe.

American government bond yields for 3 and 5 years have inverted. The 10 year yield is flattening. This usually signals a recession so I read. Furnished with this knowledge do as you please. I have no answers. Find them out yourself or consult the fiscal aware on here ( there's plenty). Never let it be said though that I left a Bluebird hanging.

Re: Trust me. A Warning to the evey day Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    American government bond yields for 3 and 5 years have inverted. The 10 year yield is flattening. This usually signals a recession so I read. Furnished with this knowledge do as you please. I have no answers. Find them out yourself or consult the fiscal aware on here ( there's plenty). Never let it be said though that I left a Bluebird hanging.
    Go on....

Its a cycle, highs and lows, always has been

From our frequent trips to Orlando, i have seen " my take " on the US economy go from a low ( when Disney closed hotels and moved guests booked in to them into other hotels, to save staffing costs on near empty hotels and the parks being empty ) to the highs ( last trip when the hotels and parks were rammed and people spending money like it was water, the difference has been very apparent

The USA are enjoying life again, its on a high, but we know after a high we must have a low

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Its a cycle, highs and lows, always has been

From our frequent trips to Orlando, i have seen " my take " on the US economy go from a low ( when Disney closed hotels and moved guests booked in to them into other hotels, to save staffing costs on near empty hotels and the parks being empty ) to the highs ( last trip when the hotels and parks were rammed and people spending money like it was water, the difference has been very apparent

The USA are enjoying life again, its on a high, but we know after a high we must have a low
    Never mind your endless trips to EuroDisney.It's all make believe and in the main fueled by credit. I'm talking about what you can do to insulate yourself from the next dip. Someone suggested investing in gold. There are probably other ways. I don't know how financially liable you are or what credit you have versus disposable income but it seems to me the every day Joe gets shafted the most by an economic downturn .What disposable income you have now will soon be halved or even gone in a worse case scenario. House prices might tank as well. They are artificially supported. Interest rates can't be cut further. It's something to consider is all I'm saying. Your 'take' on it is just that. A 'take' I'm suggesting that you do something about it whilst you still can.The Bank of England will start QE which will look after the rich but you need to look into a way to look after you. I can assure you that it will pay dividend.

It's long overdue, the economic cycle is usually 7 years. In saying that, the next one is going to be a biggie!

It's gonna be massive. A defining one I think. We as a nation are woefully under prepared as well. What's left to cut. France should be a good laugh to watch though. British people will just soldier on and put up with the obscene amount of money that goes to Capitol through fiscal policy. Other countries will see a big rise in national and far right parties. That almost happened at the tale end of the last recession but Europe recovered better than we did. Anyway.Just my thoughts. Maybe look into it and if you can help yourself then please do.

The stuff happening in France isn't only the far right, it's all sorts of people involved. They are fed up with Macron attempting to put a carbon tax on all forms of energy, when the rest of the world play by different rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The stuff happening in France isn't only the far right, it's all sorts of people involved. They are fed up with Macron attempting to put a carbon tax on all forms of energy, when the rest of the world play by different rules.
    Oh yeah.They are quite right too. The overall cost of living in France is just a joke. I wasn't thinking particularly of the yellow movement I was thinking more of Le Pen doubling down on the next fiscal opportunity. Other parties across Europe, Spain in particular making political capitol from this. Italy are looking to run a deficit budget as well for a period. Others may decide to follow suit under the guise of nationalism. I think in the next dip more people are going to want the banks and the mega wealthy to suck it up instead of the general population. If any party can grab a way of presenting this then they are on to a winner regardless of if they can even deliver it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's long overdue, the economic cycle is usually 7 years. In saying that, the next one is going to be a biggie!
    It won't help that we've frittered away billions on Brexit. Funny how we haven't got the money for decent schools, health service or social care, yet can spunk billions to stop us being a part of legislation to clamp down on tax avoidance.