+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: To any drivers on here.

To any drivers on here.

When you flash your lights to give way to another vehicle, does it annoy you if they don’t flash back or acknowledge your gesture?

Re: To any drivers on here.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    When you flash your lights to give way to another vehicle, does it annoy you if they don’t flash back or acknowledge your gesture?
    No. many a time I`ve not acknowledged due to concentrating on the road conditions. flashing is not meant to show you`re giving way . if someone flashes you then there`s an accident you would be at fault in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Sludge rarely ever gets anyone flash back at him.

Pet hate of mine,people on a main road stopping to let someone out when their road ahead is clear.A lot of people don't realise its actually against the law.

People who dangerously shoot out of junctions (particularly when there's no queue behind me) but then drive really slow for the next few miles.

Also, people coming down a hill who don't give way.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    People who dangerously shoot out of junctions (particularly when there's no queue behind me) but then drive really slow for the next few miles.
    Or crawl for 200 yards and turn off at the next junction.

My new pet hate is people who don't know how to drive on 4 lane motorways. I drive around 150 miles every day, much now on 4 lane (or 8 lane if you count both sides).

The 3rd lane has now become the old centre lane. So many people driving in the 3rd lane, leaving the 2 inside lanes empty. A lot more people under-taking nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    My new pet hate is people who don't know how to drive on 4 lane motorways. I drive around 150 miles every day, much now on 4 lane (or 8 lane if you count both sides).

The 3rd lane has now become the old centre lane. So many people driving in the 3rd lane, leaving the 2 inside lanes empty. A lot more people under-taking nowadays.
    It makes me laugh people not using the 1st lane because there’s a lorry 2 miles down the road or they know that they have to get into the centre lane because it reduces to 2 like the M4.
    Soon as you pass Celtic Manor in crap traffic, get into the first lane and you breeze pass the traffic in the other lanes like they’re not there until the tunnels.

drop the speed limit to 60 miles per hour, and allow undertaking. Works perfectly well in America. Its the constant weaving in and out that causes the majority of accidents in my opinion.

Has anyone got a dash cam ? been thinking of getting one for a while, just seems a minefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    drop the speed limit to 60 miles per hour, and allow undertaking. Works perfectly well in America. Its the constant weaving in and out that causes the majority of accidents in my opinion.

Has anyone got a dash cam ? been thinking of getting one for a while, just seems a minefield.
    This is actually a fairly good suggestion, I lived in USA for 1 year and although the standard of their driving was shit, their highways are a pleasant experience jump into any lane select the same cruise control as car in front and sit back and relax

Yeah that’s my experience. Once adaptive cruise control becomes a standard on cars then it’s a no brainier tbh.

I’ve been driving for 30 years, and I think the main problem is people are not taught to drive now (to the same standards) as we were back then.

Watching people who start off behind me and then weave in and out of lanes on the motorway just to see them end up one car ahead of me in the left hand lane amuses me greatly and often.