+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does anyone believe this?

Does anyone believe this?

Re: Does anyone believe this?

Yes.

I don't trust the recruitment team with that kind of money even if it was available. I can't see us parting with more than £20m all in for all signings.

No , Warnock won't be given any money. Madine £6m, Murphy £11m, Smithies £3.5m, Reid £8m, Cunningham £4m, Ward £1.6m. Only Murphy started today. He's decent with free signings though like Bamba, Etheridge, Hoilett and Mendez-Lang. Best fee paid is for Paterson at £425k.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    No , Warnock won't be given any money. Madine £6m, Murphy £11m, Smithies £3.5m, Reid £8m, Cunningham £4m, Ward £1.6m. Only Murphy started today. He's decent with free signings though like Bamba, Etheridge, Hoilett and Mendez-Lang. Best fee paid is for Paterson at £425k.
    We paid up for Lee Tomlin as well.

I thought that Paterson was a free transfer.

Not £25M, that's double the amount try €15M

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We paid up for Lee Tomlin as well.

I thought that Paterson was a free transfer.
    Tbf I thought tomlin was going to be a good signing

Danny Ward is definitely worth £1.6m, Reid and Murphy signed for future impact so too early to judge, Smithies will be judged on how he covers for Etheridge, and the jury is still out on Cunningham.

Think you have been a bit harsh, or at least premature.

I saw one of your replies in another thread. Barrel of laughs you are, aren't you? Must be fun at parties.

Are you ITK? I doubt it.

Warnock bought strength (Ward, Murphy), backup (Ward again, Cunningham, Smithies) and options (Reid, Madine). There are far more expensive players sitting on other teams benches.

Going forward I expect him to purchase strength and options, with current first teamers becoming the backup.

I think he fits the mould for Warnock in terms of a big striker that will play up on his own, win headers, hold the ball up and hopefully chip in with a few goals. The transfer fee is a non starter, I think the only way we could structure a deal is a loan with a view to a permanent transfer, IF, we stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Danny Ward is definitely worth £1.6m, Reid and Murphy signed for future impact so too early to judge, Smithies will be judged on how he covers for Etheridge, and the jury is still out on Cunningham.

Think you have been a bit harsh, or at least premature.
    Personally I think if we sold Murphy now we’d recoup much more than we paid for him.

He’s destroyed a lot of full backs already this season.

A bit more composure and he’d be a top half of the prem player

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    I think he fits the mould for Warnock in terms of a big striker that will play up on his own, win headers, hold the ball up and hopefully chip in with a few goals. The transfer fee is a non starter, I think the only way we could structure a deal is a loan with a view to a permanent transfer, IF, we stay up.
    Yeah this is how I see it.

He does fit the bill but the fee - no way.

if we buy him it would be a structured deal of no more that 12 up front. It is though more likely to be a loan with a view to a permanent deal but including a loan payment of a few million offset against any potential future transfer deal.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Yeah this is how I see it.

He does fit the bill but the fee - no way.

if we buy him it would be a structured deal of no more that 12 up front. It is though more likely to be a loan with a view to a permanent deal but including a loan payment of a few million offset against any potential future transfer deal.
    Whoever we sign will be negotiated by Tan’s leadership team and rubber stamped and funded by him. Are you one of Tan’s leadership team?

It always amazes me that fans still think of the money as the clubs money and there is a sort of debit and credit account thing going on with transfers 😂😂

I’m happy to see it unfold, have my say on whether they were good signings or not and whether they’ll be sold for more than Tan paid for them, but when it comes to the money it’s Tan’s business and none of mine. (What I do think he is building though is a saleable asset in CCFC)

I'm of the belief we held back on transfer fees in the summer so we had more to play with in January if we weren't cut adrift.

If we're around the same position in January as we are now, I expect strong signings to be made.

Also, people are saying "no way" regarding the fee. But Warnock and his scouts would have had an idea of the fee from the club/agent, so why go on a scouting mission if the money to the buy the player isn't available? Seems like a pointless exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Personally I think if we sold Murphy now we’d recoup much more than we paid for him.

He’s destroyed a lot of full backs already this season.

A bit more composure and he’d be a top half of the prem player
    I like Murphy’s directness (plus he seems like a thoroughly decent bloke) but Norwich fans were pleased to get £10m for him because, whereas his skill is beyond doubt, his final ball clearly is.

If Warnock can improve that then we’ll have a bargain, otherwise the Norwich fans are right.

I can't see us spending that much. I love Warnock but the money he has spent does appear to have been wasted. When you are spending money I would expect every penny to go towards improving the team however it's only really Murphy who has had an impact.
    Saying that the players who were bought are probably holding their value

The club and NW are obviously serious about this guy and will know the ball park fee.

All types of clauses for goals, appearances, staying up. The actual fee will be around 15m I'd imagine.

No. I, and I hope the club would want two players for that kind of money.