+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Please sign up for the Callum Paterson fan club

Please sign up for the Callum Paterson fan club

A fake tash and a pre-typed invitation to sleep with your wife with each £5 entry fee.

Re: Please sign up for the Callum Paterson fan club

Cancel the £25m bid Neil. We'll soldier on with Paterson and spend the money on a massive staying up party in May.
    He's been doing much of the things I expected Zohore to do.

Put me down as second in the club.

One of my favourite ever players in city colours. 92 mins into a game still busting a gut. Gunnarsson shouting at him and he’s listening.

Trier with some talent

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Cancel the £25m bid Neil. We'll soldier on with Paterson and spend the money on a massive staying up party in May.
    He's been doing much of the things I expected Zohore to do.
    I can't remember the last reigned in performance by Patterson. New striker needed to give him a rest of nothing else.

Certainly earning his wage

who would have thought how his story would have panned out at the start of the season

How many miles did he run today? He never stopped and deserved the goal for chasing the ball down. Mind that finish gave me palpitations, didn’t think it would cross the line

Fantastic performance again from him today. Was also very impressed with Mendez-Lang on his return from injury, another one to run himself into the ground along with Arter who is exhausting just simply watching him!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Certainly earning his wage

who would have thought how his story would have panned out at the start of the season
    When he run across the pitch to cut the defenders chance of playing a good ball and that was near the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    How many miles did he run today? He never stopped and deserved the goal for chasing the ball down. Mind that finish gave me palpitations, didn’t think it would cross the line

Fantastic performance again from him today. Was also very impressed with Mendez-Lang on his return from injury, another one to run himself into the ground along with Arter who is exhausting just simply watching him!
    I think Patterson deserves a huge pat on the back ,he's no natural striker but his effort ,delivers.

Arter is a great effort player, along wiith Gunnerson and Bamba, outside of that the keeper never lets us down .

Love his attitude and commitment. If only Ken had the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Love his attitude and commitment. If only Ken had the same.
    So so true Ken with that attitude would be unstopible.

When Real Madrid come knocking January we should give him his chance !

Patterson is a perfect example for any youngster to follow, what one lacks in subtle natural gifted skills,one can still deliver in effort and commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Patterson is a perfect example for any youngster to follow, what one lacks in subtle natural gifted skills,one can still deliver in effort and commitment.
    Makes me laugh how many of our fans cannot or will not understand that Calum is actually a good footballer too. Don’t be fooled by the effort he puts in into thinking that’s all there is to his game. There’s a bloody good football player in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Makes me laugh how many of our fans cannot or will not understand that Calum is actually a good footballer too. Don’t be fooled by the effort he puts in into thinking that’s all there is to his game. There’s a bloody good football player in there.
    Absolutely.

We tend to forget that we're in the Premier League. We have players playing for us that are better than most players we've had in the Championship over the last 15 years. We think we're there because of attitude and commitment, but we have players who are good at what they do.

Players with good attitude and commitment play in the lower divisions if they haven't got enough ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely.

We tend to forget that we're in the Premier League. We have players playing for us that are better than most players we've had in the Championship over the last 15 years. We think we're there because of attitude and commitment, but we have players who are good at what they do.

Players with good attitude and commitment play in the lower divisions if they haven't got enough ability.
    There’s no doubt Paterson is has got talent, the issue he’s got is where is his best position? I don’t think he’s a right/wing back, not sure if he’s a central midfielder and he’s not a natural striker especially when he’s in possession or when the balls played up to him. But he’s already shown a hell of a lot more as a Premier League striker than Zohore has done. For sheer endeavour and work rate, I would not swap him for anyone else.

Yes we were saying the same at the game I notice he usually finds a City shirt as well ,unlike some of our naturally gifted players who are prone to giving the ball away , there was one appalling pass yesterday in the middle of the park that nearly cost us a result .

Must admit. I was a bit dubious about his signing at first. Good form in Scotland at the present moment is hard to gauge, but his appetite, work ethic, personality and all round game is great to watch.
    Takes me back to Cohen Griffith. No great player, but gave a 100% every game, and was a very likeable guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    There’s no doubt Paterson is has got talent, the issue he’s got is where is his best position? I don’t think he’s a right/wing back, not sure if he’s a central midfielder and he’s not a natural striker especially when he’s in possession or when the balls played up to him. But he’s already shown a hell of a lot more as a Premier League striker than Zohore has done. For sheer endeavour and work rate, I would not swap him for anyone else.
    I'd play him as an attacking midfielder if he wasn't in the side as striker. The guy scores goals, did so last season and has so far this season. Many of his goals last season were from perfectly timed runs into the box, his instinctive finishing is fantastic for a guy who we signed as a right back.

People were saying on here over the summer that as he's not technical enough he shouldn't be in the starting 11 in the PL. Whatever you think of him, you can't take his goals out of the side.

Play him at keeper and he'd still get 1 or 2 a season I'm sure. Perfect Vincent tan sweeper keeper.

Got to love him but I do wonder if anyone would come in for him if we went down.

Assuming we get a first choice striker in in January, I'd have him at the top of a midfield 3 and then rotate/pick AG/Arter/Ralls/Camarasa as we see fit.

The striker often has little support, especially during away games, but I think Patterson would get there to help out, and as others have said, he's actually a really good footballer which sometimes goes under the radar due to his non-stop style of play.

And here’s to you Callum Paterson Cardiff loves you more than you will know ho ho ho hey hey hey

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    When he run across the pitch to cut the defenders chance of playing a good ball and that was near the end of the game.
    Yes, in the 92nd minute! Tremendous effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Haha.

Even from his celebrations and the way he plays, you know he just genuinely enjoys playing football.