+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Penalty shouts

Re: Penalty shouts

both should've been given..if the first is given there wouldn't have been the second

First is not a penalty. Camarasa stupidly hung his leg out, but crucially pulled it away. As far too many players do these days, Armstrong has seen the leg and thrown himself to try and catch it - what the pundits like to call 'initiating contact'. He should have been booked for simulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I thought they were both pens. If they’d happened to us and not given I’d be fuming.
    Were you fuming about the one we didn’t get at Everton ? Or the one we didn’t get when Morrison was pushed by 2 players at one corner yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Fair enough both - I am mistaken.
    No worries. 👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Were you fuming about the one we didn’t get at Everton ? Or the one we didn’t get when Morrison was pushed by 2 players at one corner yesterday?
    Yeah obviously

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    First is not a penalty. Camarasa stupidly hung his leg out, but crucially pulled it away. As far too many players do these days, Armstrong has seen the leg and thrown himself to try and catch it - what the pundits like to call 'initiating contact'. He should have been booked for simulation.
    this - Redmond was fouled in the box as he was ankle tapped by Manga - it was a pen we got lucky.

Camarasa one was simulation

Yeah obviously
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Fair enough.
    Why wouldn’t I? Just because I’m not so biased that I can see when other teams have a decent penalty shout?

Why wouldn’t I? Just because I’m not so biased that I can see when other teams have a decent penalty shout?
    Nah, I might be having a memory lapse, but I thought you were saying it wasn’t a penalty at Everton when we were debating it a couple of weeks back and didn’t notice you making any comment about being livid about the Morrison one.

What bias? As far as I can see, the majority here agree we were lucky with Mangas foul on Redmond. The first one however was a blatant dive, never a oenalty. Should have been booked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    What bias? As far as I can see, the majority here agree we were lucky with Mangas foul on Redmond. The first one however was a blatant dive, never a oenalty. Should have been booked.
    And that was pretty much the same opinion as the commentators