+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Madine

Madine

On the subs bench last 2 times ahead of Ward and Zohore.

Anything to look into?

Re: Madine

Before Soton game NW said Zohore and Ward injured/returning from injury and not available for selection.

Both injured/ just coming back from injuries

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Both injured/ just coming back from injuries
    That’s what NW said.

Warnock said Ken is training but not ready yet - he hopes he'll be available for the Man United game.

Ward and Richards still doing gym work - not back in full training yet.

Richards is out of contract in the summer. I’d be amazed if we offered him a new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Richards is out of contract in the summer. I’d be amazed if we offered him a new deal.
    Think Jazz may one of the players released out of 25 to make way for any new signings along with Damour,Connolly and possibly Madine ?
    Important we get Tomlin and Pilkington off wage bill as well

I heard Pilkington won't go, that's why he's still here. He'll see it out until the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I heard Pilkington won't go, that's why he's still here. He'll see it out until the summer.
    I get he an Tomlin are well paid and maybe at the start of the summer had hopes if getting in the 25. But when that didn't happen you would think they would have pushed for a loan at the very least, can't see the club objecting to payong most of the wages considering they are anyway.

Just seems a waste of time in what is a short career.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I wonder if NW wished he had added Pilk's into the 25 now ,he can score, play as a centre forward ,or wide , has pace and skill ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Easy to forget that Jazz came in a swap with Malone. I though he did ok under Trollope, but seems that Warnock isn't too fussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Easy to forget that Jazz came in a swap with Malone. I though he did ok under Trollope, but seems that Warnock isn't too fussed.
    Jazz just can't stay fit, either. He's been injured for most of his time here.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I wonder if NW wished he had added Pilk's into the 25 now ,he can score, play as a centre forward ,or wide , has pace and skill ?
    I often think this, would have been a decent addition to the squad

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Indeed .

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Me too, would have Pilks ahead of a few in our 25. He can score goals (unlike our recognised strikers) and also good at penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    Me too, would have Pilks ahead of a few in our 25. He can score goals (unlike our recognised strikers) and also good at penalties.
    If he's good at penalties (and I'm not saying he's not) it begs the question why he never took a pen against Wolves at CCS last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    If he's good at penalties (and I'm not saying he's not) it begs the question why he never took a pen against Wolves at CCS last year.
    I was hoping he would and think he should have done but wasn't Hoilett the nominated penalty taker that day but didn't really fancy it and Madine took the first instead. I wasn't too worried when Madine stepped up due to him taking them at Bolton but wanted Pilks to b given the next. Not sure if he had any say in the matter.