+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match Report (sort of)

Match Report (sort of)

It's more about Southampton but I thought it was a decent read.

Re: Match Report (sort of)

Link missing ?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    It's more about Southampton but I thought it was a decent read.

Well balanced..

Short and sweet 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oops sorry

Nice to see us getting some credit.

We are a hardworking side, yes, but we also play some decent football all the likes of Murphy, Bennett, Camerasa, Mendes Laing and Hoillet are talented footballers. Many of the others like Patterson, Bamba, Morrison are massively underrated

Well articulated write up , do agree, we were at times just a pass or two from cutting them open and scoring .

Just like to cut out the giving away of the ball.

The main thing that caught my eye was them trying to move to a 'get the ball up front quickly and press high up the field' approach. Now where have I seen that done before?... I wonder if it will also be called hoofball?

The rest of the game is just catching up with Warnock...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    The main thing that caught my eye was them trying to move to a 'get the ball up front quickly and press high up the field' approach. Now where have I seen that done before?... I wonder if it will also be called hoofball?

The rest of the game is just catching up with Warnock...
    I think it is more in a Liverpool type of way but they looked a long way off that on Saturday. The point that I found myself agreeing with was the culture of blame that has been nurtured by Mark Hughes. I find this at every club he's with. He's never accountable amd it's always the referee, the pitch, injuries, the weather, or any thing else he can attach blame to. He's another of the crop of awful Out dated managers that seem thankfully are being weaned out of our game.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think it is more in a Liverpool type of way but they looked a long way off that on Saturday. The point that I found myself agreeing with was the culture of blame that has been nurtured by Mark Hughes. I find this at every club he's with. He's never accountable amd it's always the referee, the pitch, injuries, the weather, or any thing else he can attach blame to. He's another of the crop of awful Out dated managers that seem thankfully are being weaned out of our game.
    Hughes was an arrogant barsteward. He won't be missed

Shot map tells a lot of the story.
    We both had a similar number of shots, but ours were in good areas, and theirs largely weren't.
    IMG_20181210_111113.jpg

Pretty much all of ours were inside the penalty area which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Hughes was an arrogant barsteward. He won't be missed
    As a footballer he will be, and as manager of Blackburn. Not sure which of his more recent clubs, maybe Stoke for the first two years, would say the same.