+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: WATFORD 3 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: WATFORD 3 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    70 mins gone and 3-0 down, Warnock operates a very odd game plan. That was tough to watch! So negative and btw when have we ever done anything from long throwins into the box?
    Brighton at home.

Warnock suggested that plan was to hold 0-0 for 60 minutes then have a go for 30, minutes. In a way, the second half of that plan worked perfectly but we've not yet been able to make a success of that first half. A more balanced approach for 60 minutes then decide whether we can up the ante or need to sit back after that?

2 goals gave fake credibility to that performance. That was truly horrible to watch. Outclassed by a mid table team. Worst performance this season by a country mile and I was quietly confident before kick off. They were on a shit run and beat us much more convincingly than anyone other than Man City. Don’t employ those tactics again Neil please
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 15-12-18 at 23:07. Reason: Typo

Watford played really well and probably would have beaten us however we played yesterday. We are going to have a few days like these with the current squad. Have faith in Warnock because he deserves this whole season to do what he thinks is right. Having a go when the game opens up and players get tired isn't a bad plan.

Got to change up what we are doing away as its not working. This was fairly identical to West Ham. Those teams are a lot better than us but I feel we could have done more in both.

Far too passive for large period of the match.

Thought Warnock was a little harsh on the ref, they all have to start somewhere and from the 70+ minutes I saw he had little by way of challenging decisions anyay. Could have booked Deeney but even that wasn't a particularly awful challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Watford played really well and probably would have beaten us however we played yesterday. We are going to have a few days like these with the current squad. Have faith in Warnock because he deserves this whole season to do what he thinks is right. Having a go when the game opens up and players get tired isn't a bad plan.
    Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Got to change up what we are doing away as its not working. This was fairly identical to West Ham. Those teams are a lot better than us but I feel we could have done more in both.

Far too passive for large period of the match.

Thought Warnock was a little harsh on the ref, they all have to start somewhere and from the 70+ minutes I saw he had little by way of challenging decisions anyay. Could have booked Deeney but even that wasn't a particularly awful challenge.
    I thought we were doing OK at West Ham until the 3 goals! They started strongly but I think we were the better team for the final 25 mins of the 1st half and were unlucky not to be ahead at half-time. All changed with the goals of course.

It looks like we’ll struggle to keep a clean sheet against teams away in the PL so we’re going to have to somehow start positively and get ahead in some of these away games if we’re not able to frustrate them and hold on.