+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: WATFORD 3 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: WATFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

We're not winning a single away game all season with Warnock's "sit back and hope for a 0-0" style.

City are just so damn submissive when they play away. They'll be cracking out the gimp suits next match.

Edit: tHe CoMeBaCk Is rEaL

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    We're not winning a single away game all season with Warnock's "sit back and hope for a 0-0" style.

City are just so damn submissive when they play away. They'll be cracking out the gimp suits next match.
    What odds will you give on that and max bet?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    They have scored some pretty good goals tbf. Our delivery when we do get to the final 3rd has been poor. I don't expect us to take it to the opposition (we might be 8 down if we did) but we need to be closing down more rather than being this passive.
    As we were 2 down, could we have been braver and gone to 3 at the back and bring Reid on ?

We are making Watford look like Manchester City !! We are way too passive , backing into our box allowing Watford time to run at the defender or line up a shot !

We have been poor and these tactics away from home and simply not good enough if it hadn’t been for Etheridge this could have been 5 today !

**** me! what a goal.

See ! Brings Reid on and we score

Come on city!!!!

What did I say !!

3 - 1 Hoilett - quality - 80 mins
    3 - 2 Reid pokes in from close range - 83 mins

Come on FFS

.....And it’s the hope that kills you

Re: FT: WATFORD 3 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Will the real Cardiff City stand up please! We look like we've given up on getting away wins.

Papered over some wide cracks.
    Nice for travelling fans who made a right noise

Think we have to start having a go away from home , the 60-70 mins weren’t nice to watch constantly on back foot conceding posssession all the time can’t pick more than 2 passes, Watford deserved the win and if it weren’t for Etheridge would have been more convincing
    Well done to all fans who travelled great support

What odds will you give on that and max bet?
    He probably means that we are unlikely to win an away game with the tactics we employ away from home. There'll be fans lauding our attempted comeback, not me, what else where we supposed to do at 2-0 down? It's reactive football, It's all very well giving up possession and defending, but the first rule is that we have to defend and when we do have the ball we need to create. Gave that to Watford today, as soon as we pressed and opened up a bit, they started to make mistakes. We made them look like world beaters for 60 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Will the real Cardiff City stand up please! We look like we've given up on getting away wins.
    Because he sets up to defend and hope that the two wingers can create something when we do have the ball, problem is that we can't defend. We struggle like shit with movement, yet when we decide to open up a bit and stretch the game we look a much better side. We really should start playing on the front foot, we can create and score goals, by playing like we did for 60 minutes nullifies any creativity we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He probably means that we are unlikely to win an away game with the tactics we employ away from home. There'll be fans lauding our attempted comeback, not me, what else where we supposed to do at 2-0 down? It's reactive football, It's all very well giving up possession and defending, but the first rule is that we have to defend and when we do have the ball we need to create. Gave that to Watford today, as soon as we pressed and opened up a bit, they started to make mistakes. We made them look like world beaters for 60 minutes.
    It isn't this simple or every team would just come out all guns blazing every game.

It isn't this simple or every team would just come out all guns blazing every game.
    I'm not saying to employ a gung ho attitude, all i think we should do is try and get at teams like Watford earlier in the game as this defensive malarkey with the only option is to give the wingers the ball when there's nobody within 20 yards of them just isn't working. We can't defend against these teams like we did in the Championship. We're way too conservative until we go a goal or two down, it doesn't work. When we decided to put some pressure on Watford and Camarasa was given a little more license in a forward roll, we looked a lot better. Admittedly Watford had something to lose so were retreating slightly although i really believe that we can compete with some of these teams away from home if we try to get on the ball. Watford looked brilliant for an hour and we helped them with that.

70 mins gone and 3-0 down, Warnock operates a very odd game plan. That was tough to watch! So negative and btw when have we ever done anything from long throwins into the box?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    70 mins gone and 3-0 down, Warnock operates a very odd game plan. That was tough to watch! So negative and btw when have we ever done anything from long throwins into the box?
    Lots of moans and groans at 3 down but...last 20 minutes, 2 goals. Did you notice we played three up front? Up to then Warnock's game plan was just too predictable. We were lucky (if you call Etheridege's excellent saves luck) not to be 4 or5 down by the time Gunnarson came off and tactics changed. Watford didn't like being attacked in numbers. Maybe a tactic we need to try more often.

I agree with Tuerto on this one.

This thread contains more criticism of our Neil than any other I've read this season. One blighter - shock, horror - even referred to him as Warnock.

His let's play for a drab 0-0 by employing an Alamo defence whilst time wasting at every opportunity has failed miserably on seven successive occasions and that tedious strategy has gotten on people's wicks.

What happened to Bennett? Cunningham wasn't in the squad so we could be playing three at the back again if neither of them are fit for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I agree with Tuerto on this one.

Not sure if i'm right or wrong, just my opinion. I really do believe that we show way to much respect away from home, especially against teams that we have a chance against.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    What happened to Bennett? Cunningham wasn't in the squad so we could be playing three at the back again if neither of them are fit for next week.
    Let's not do that again, employing a tactic that outwitted a team that have just beaten Chelsea and Bournemouth will not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Not sure if i'm right or wrong, just my opinion. I really do believe that we show way to much respect away from home, especially against teams that we have a chance against.
    Spot on