+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: WATFORD 3 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: WATFORD 3 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

We get to see Watford in action at Everton on Monday night.

Cardiff have got to get a result away from at some point.

Re: WATFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Pre match build up

Agree entirely Boss.
    Without a few away points we will go down. Watford good place to start
    Also think we can pick up points at Palace and Leics.
    Came away from yesterday's game as elated as I have been for many years. We have a decent hardworking team who are a match for anyone now at home. If we played Man City again I doubt they would put 5 on us. Team has improved as season goes on....and of course the crowd as vociferous and supportive as it has been for many years. Never heard a single moan in the grandstand.

We must've had as hard a start away from home as any other team in the league, 6 of the top 8! Fancy us to get something next weekend, hopefully it's the big away W that we really need now.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    We must've had as hard a start away from home as any other team in the league, 6 of the top 8! Fancy us to get something next weekend, hopefully it's the big away W that we really need now.
    Whereas I understand Warnock's conservative approach away from home so far, surely we have to be a bit more adventurous away from home at some stage?

Admittedly we are not likely to get anything from the top teams but we might as well have a go at some of the other teams that we know now that we have the beating of. It is hardly going to make our current away form appear any worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Whereas I understand Warnock's conservative approach away from home so far, surely we have to be a bit more adventurous away from home at some stage?

Admittedly we are not likely to get anything from the top teams but we might as well have a go at some of the other teams that we know now that we have the beating of. It is hardly going to make our current away form appear any worse!
    Definitely, I don't even think with some games such as Liverpool, or Chelsea away that the game plan was executed, rather, they were just so much better than us that it really didn't matter what we did... you need some luck to beat these teams and thus far against them, it hasn't dropped our way.

Next 3 away games we need to get a win really.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Definitely, I don't even think with some games such as Liverpool, or Chelsea away that the game plan was executed, rather, they were just so much better than us that it really didn't matter what we did... you need some luck to beat these teams and thus far against them, it hasn't dropped our way.

Next 3 away games we need to get a win really.
    With Murphy/NML/Harris we have a great opportunity away from home to be a real counter attacking threat but we need players who can put the ball in space behind the defenders rather than aimlessly kicking it away, I hope he sticks with the same 11 on Saturday especially the midfield 3 but I have a feeling he’ll do something daft by putting Ralls back in

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Absolutely!

Remember, even though we lost both games, we scored first at Chelsea, and we were the first team in ages to score at Liverpool.

Re: WATFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    There’s a suprise

I hope it is:

Etheridge, Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett, Arter, Camerasa, Gunnarsson, Hoilett, Paterson, NML

Subs: Smithies, Peltier, Ralls, Reid, Murphy, Harris, Zohore

Unless Warnock decides to stick with a defensive away line up - in which case Ralls for NML with Victor pushed out to the right.

This will be the first ever top-flight meeting between Watford and Cardiff, and the first in any competition since December 2014 (4-2 win for Watford in the second tier).

Cardiff City have lost just one of their previous seven games against Watford in all competitions (W3 D3), although that was in the most recent meeting (2-4 in December 2014).

Watford are winless in their last three games against Cardiff at Vicarage Road (D2 L1), with their last such win coming in December 2010 (4-1).

Watford have lost their last two Premier League home games - they've not lost three in a row at home in the top-flight since April 1988 (a run of five in a row).

Cardiff City are winless in their last nine Premier League away games (D1 L8), scoring just three goals and conceding 22 goals in that run.

Cardiff striker Danny Ward has scored four goals in four league appearances against Watford, while the only previous hat-trick of his professional career came at Vicarage Road back in May 2014 (for Huddersfield).

Troy Deeney is yet to score a goal against Cardiff City for Watford in six appearances, but should he score in this match then Cardiff will be the 45th different team that Deeney has scored against for the Hornets in all competitions.

Match officials:

Referee: Andy Madley
    Assistants: Matthew Wilkes, Mick McDonough
    Fourth official: Andre Marriner

Watford head coach Javi Gracia: "I remember last season when I arrived it was a different circumstance and now we are doing many things better.

"The players are full of confidence and ambition. I know we have to win again but I see we are really close to getting it.

"It is a good chance for us, at home against Cardiff, to come away with a win."

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock: "We've got to try and start picking up points away. You get punished a lot more away from home, and it's been our own fault away - we have shot ourselves in the foot.

"We are learning and we've improved as the season has gone on.

"We're still very big favourites to get relegated, and quite rightly so with the squad we've got compared to others."

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I hope it is:

Etheridge, Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett, Arter, Camerasa, Gunnarsson, Hoilett, Paterson, NML

Subs: Smithies, Peltier, Ralls, Reid, Murphy, Harris, Zohore

Unless Warnock decides to stick with a defensive away line up - in which case Ralls for NML with Victor pushed out to the right.
    I expect the team you chose as well. Hoilett to do extra defensive work and NML to kill Watford with pace.
    Fancy a result from this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Looks like an old ninian park, will that raise our hopes, a lot of our players are born and bred from roots like this ??

#watcar1.jpg

Current form last five games:

Watford D L L L D
    Cardiff W L W L W

Can City finally get something away from home. The only point so far this season the road came at Huddersfield back in August.

Confirmed line up:

Etheridge
    Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett
    Gunnarsson
    Arter
    Camarasa
    Hoilet
    Murphy
    Paterson

Good. We're going for it.

Watford: Foster; Femenia, Cathcart, Kabasele, Holebas; Sema, Doucoure, Quina, Pereyra; Deulofeu, Deeney.

Subs: Gomes, Mariappa, Masina, Chalobah, Cleverley, Success, Okaka

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    This would be the team I would use as the strongest. The only issue is both wingers seem better on the left than right

Murphy starting to frustrate me ....... he seems to go to ground every time hes touched

Gunnar having a bit of a mare so far

FFS what the hell was that

Made Manga and Morrison look very average