+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any improvement on a Huawei Honor 10 phone and at a comparable price?

Any improvement on a Huawei Honor 10 phone and at a comparable price?

I purchased an Honor 9 a several months ago and was very pleased with it - until it stopped charging two months later. I got a full refund and upgraded to an Honor 10. However, I've been taking photos with it on my current jaunt to an exotic place and the photos are appalling. Overexposed in certain light and they look grainy and too yellow. I see that there are similar complaints elsewhere on the net about the camera on this phone and I wondered if anyone can suggest an alternative with a decent camera when I get another refund. Cheers.

Re: Any improvement on a Huawei Honor 10 phone and at a comparable price?

Depends what you are looking to photograph? Night time shots? Scenery in good light? Neighbour getting changed across the road - that one's for Mr Sludge. I have the P20 Pro and am staggered by the quality of the pics, especially the night time pictures. The Mate 20 Pro adds the wide angle lens in as well which I really miss coming from an LG5. Wish I had held on for the Mate but hear there are screen issues with it.

Pocophone or Mi8

Couple of examples. The night time shots were taken without a tripod in dark conditions.1.jpg

No guesses as to where I have just been!!

Berlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Berlin.
    Spot on - amazing city.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Spot on - amazing city.
    I lived there for 6 years. i love the place!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I lived there for 6 years. i love the place!
    You lucky man. Been twice in 5 months and have really enjoyed everything it has to offer. The U1 line is superb. Got off at a few stops as suggested and saw the extremes that makes the city tick.

Spot on - amazing city.
    I only knew because I recognised the Brandenburg Gates from the video below which was filmed soon after Berlin fell in 1945.

Depends what you are looking to photograph? Night time shots? Scenery in good light? Neighbour getting changed across the road - that one's for Mr Sludge. I have the P20 Pro and am staggered by the quality of the pics, especially the night time pictures. The Mate 20 Pro adds the wide angle lens in as well which I really miss coming from an LG5. Wish I had held on for the Mate but hear there are screen issues with it.
    Just pics that work well in daylight. The Honor 9 camera was fine. I am in the Azores at the mo and the pics I have taken with the Honor 10 aren't right.

I only knew because I recognised the Brandenburg Gates from the video below which was filmed soon after Berlin fell in 1945.

That was well worth a watch - thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Just pics that work well in daylight. The Honor 9 camera was fine. I am in the Azores at the mo and the pics I have taken with the Honor 10 aren't right.
    Either the P20 Pro or the Mate 20 Pro then will easily suffice. If you are taking pics of buildings and landscapes then the Mate will probably be the better option due to the wide angle option.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Thinly veiled I am in the Azores post nqat

The camera on the Huawei P20 Pro is amazing. I'd say it blows any other phone camera out of the water!

Berlin.
    best city in Europe no less