+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bamba to Newcastle for £3.5M?

Bamba to Newcastle for £3.5M?

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/966053183?-1891:992

Sounds really unlikely to me, but stranger things, etc...

Re: Bamba to Newcastle for £3.5M?

Selling our starting cb to a relegation rival for 3.5m would be stranger than most.

Last Saturday, the ageing Bamba was in a foot race with two attackers - a race he won easily.

He also now seems to have settled down and adjusted to life in the PL - which was obviously a shock to the system of some of our defenders.

Absolutely no sign of the need to be pensioned off yet.

It would be madness. We wouldn’t be able to get a good enough replacement for £3.5m.

Bamba will stay loyal to Warnock and the fans at the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/966053183?-1891:992

Sounds really unlikely to me, but stranger things, etc...
    I don't see why we'd sell him. We can't replace him cheaply and we've got much, much bigger needs.

crazy rumour, lets be honest, its just crazy

though as this is cardiff city, who the hell knows

I reckon stories like this are concocted as a psychological tactic to unsettle the opposition. It happens all the time in professional sports, especially football.

I wouldn't be surprised if another club has spread this around.

Personally I don't think Bamba would leave. He loves our 'Neil, the club and the area.

We're thin on the ground too. However, if the club do let him go, I think that will very much confirm a suspicion that some of us have that the club expect to be relegated, particularly if there no money in January for any incoming lads.

What a clever move by Newcastle if true. Basically buying us a relegation spot for 3.5m

Is he worth 3.5m in the market? No.

Is he worth 3.5m to us? Probably worth 5-10x that due to the way he’s gelled with the players, the rapport he’s built with the rest of the back 5 and Gunnar. All the Cardiff players know how Sol will deal with a situation and our whole ethic and style is built on that understanding and organisation.

As a neutral, buying a 33 year old defender for 3.5m would be ludicrous but the guy above hit the nail on the head. 33 years old and he still tanked past 2 extremely fit and pacey Southampton players. He’s got a season left in him.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What a clever move by Newcastle if true. Basically buying us a relegation spot for 3.5m

Is he worth 3.5m to us? Probably worth 5-10x that due to the way he’s gelled with the players, the rapport he’s built with the rest of the back 5 and Gunnar. All the Cardiff players know how Sol will deal with a situation and our whole ethic and style is built on that understanding and organisation.

As a neutral, buying a 33 year old defender for 3.5m would be ludicrous but the guy above hit the nail on the head. 33 years old and he still tanked past 2 extremely fit and pacey Southampton players. He’s got a season left in him.
    Wasn't that long ago Everton paid 10m for Williams from the Jacks and Bamba is a better player in my view.

No chance will this happen

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

If we sold him it wouldn't be for 3.5m, nowhere near that, unless it's in his contract.

Thought he and Morrison as a partnership had possibly their best game in the PL on Saturday.

He’s not going to leave his dad is he, Shirley not

35 Million and he's yours, Rafa ,I like Sol , to be our next manager