+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My Health Online😡😡😡

My Health Online😡😡😡

Anyone else registered for this? Not feeling so good so called into my surgery this afternoon to make an appointment. None available at the desk ‘You need to register for My Health Online’ she says, ‘Its a much better system’ she says, ‘The doctors can plan their days a lot better’ she says, ‘ Much easier for you’ she says, ‘No phoning & constantly getting the engaged tone’ she says. She gives me the form to take home and register online. Bit of faffing about filling it in, creating password/user name etc, usual thing. Everything done ‘Welcome to My Health Online Stephen’. Here we go ‘What service do you require? Prescriptions, Appointments etc?’ I select Appointments with the utmost confidence, the page comes up, ‘No Appointments Available, Please Phone Your Practice To Make One’. Grrrrrrrrrr 😡😡😡😡😡 Rant over !!!!!

Re: My Health Online😡😡😡

🤣

I'm with a G.P in Cwmbran.Its hit and miss.
    Online appointments are put up after 6.30.
    I've usually been lucky in getting an appointment.

The daily appointments are put online first time in the morning time depending on the surgery then you book it, no surgery in the country lets you book a doctors appointment for the next day, maybe some will be available in a week or ten days, when you go online early you will see loads of appointments i guess the op thought that he can go online anytime and book a slot, there are only a certain number of appointments for the day when they are gone they are gone, if its an genuine emergency then there always slots available

My GP puts up next day appointments at 6.30pm.
    You have to be ****ing quick to get one.

I don't go often so have gradually felt a difference in how you are treated at surgeries over the years. The one I went to last week felt like I was over the time limit the moment I sat down.

Wait till 7pm or the weekend and phone the “out of hours” doctor, IT’S MUCH QUICKER 👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wait till 7pm or the weekend and phone the “out of hours” doctor, IT’S MUCH QUICKER 👍👍👍
    Can't agree with that, Between the time my Mrs. rang & the time she was seen was 7 hours, most of which was sat in a waiting room. She was seen 3 hours after the time they gave her! The receptionist was surrounded by signs about abuse. I can understand why!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Can't agree with that, Between the time my Mrs. rang & the time she was seen was 7 hours, most of which was sat in a waiting room. She was seen 3 hours after the time they gave her! The receptionist was surrounded by signs about abuse. I can understand why!
    Agreed I’ve had to take the kids a couple of times and would never recommend doing this over going to see your normal practitioner, I must be fair to my docs I always get an appointment

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Can only speak from my experience’s !!
    Blood clots, couldn’t breathe, doctor to house on a Saturday afternoon, in hospital by 7pm.
    An attack of bersitis, seen down the old Royal Infirmary within 2 hours, straight up to be admitted to the Heath Hospital and I mean straight up.
    Had to leave my car parked on the road.
    5 days in hospital 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I don't go often so have gradually felt a difference in how you are treated at surgeries over the years. The one I went to last week felt like I was over the time limit the moment I sat down.
    My experience of NHS in England is that booking system is much better and you are more likely to be seen on time, but you feel rushed out the door. In Cardiff I always felt properly cared for but such a struggle to get an appointment and less likely to be seen on time.

Surely there is a happy medium? But we need town planners to acknowledge that constant houses, student flats might be great for economy but bad for residents if no extra services/amenities/travel links are put in place also.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Can only speak from my experience’s !!
    Blood clots, couldn’t breathe, doctor to house on a Saturday afternoon, in hospital by 7pm.
    An attack of bersitis, seen down the old Royal Infirmary within 2 hours, straight up to be admitted to the Heath Hospital and I mean straight up.
    Had to leave my car parked on the road.
    5 days in hospital 👍
    I think if it is serious, as yours was Tony, you are sorted promptly. I had sepsis this time last year, arm swollen like Popeye’s, couldn’t have asked for better care, it was fantastic. It’s the run of the mill things that seem to be drawn out. Perhaps there should be some sort of system whereas you attempt to get an appointment and your history is looked at, if you’re someone who is practically living in the surgery it’s understandable if they’re sceptical but if you’re a person who never bothers the doctor there should be the reasoning ‘Hang on this bloke is never ill, something must be up’. Anyway got an appointment for 10 minutes!!! on Tuesday morning👍