+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sounds like a Tory leadership contest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sounds like a Tory leadership contest

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    She's the turd who won't flush. Most of those 200 came from those she's given .gov jobs to.
    Ah the ERG line. If you believe that there weren't a sizeable number of ambitious or mendacious members of the government who voted against her in the secret ballot you are even more politically naive than even your posts suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Ah the ERG line. If you believe that there weren't a sizeable number of ambitious or mendacious members of the government who voted against her in the secret ballot you are even more politically naive than even your posts suggest.
    We don't know how secret the secret ballot was. If it was identical to all the secret ballots I participated in until 1997 (the last time I voted) then it wasn't secret at all as ballot papers included a set of numbers that corresponded with the voter's name which made them and who they voted for easily identifiable. I don't doubt your definition of a secret ballot is different to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    We don't know how secret the secret ballot was. If it was identical to all the secret ballots I participated in until 1997 (the last time I voted) then it wasn't secret at all as ballot papers included a set of numbers that corresponded with the voter's name which made them and who they voted for easily identifiable. I don't doubt your definition of a secret ballot is different to mine.
    Any ballot would have to stand up to some form of audit scrutiny .

why did Sir Graham Brady, chairman of the 1922 Committee of Tory backbenchers, publicly urged the Prime Minister to put off the vote until the party row over the so-called Northern Ireland backstop could be resolved