+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sounds like a Tory leadership contest

Re: Sounds like a Tory leadership contest

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    We don't know how secret the secret ballot was. If it was identical to all the secret ballots I participated in until 1997 (the last time I voted) then it wasn't secret at all as ballot papers included a set of numbers that corresponded with the voter's name which made them and who they voted for easily identifiable. I don't doubt your definition of a secret ballot is different to mine.
    Any ballot would have to stand up to some form of audit scrutiny .

why did Sir Graham Brady, chairman of the 1922 Committee of Tory backbenchers, publicly urged the Prime Minister to put off the vote until the party row over the so-called Northern Ireland backstop could be resolved

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The word could be out of context ,I suspect, when read , and by whom , its noun description is a person who holds extreme political or religious views, especially one who advocates illegal, violent, [B]or other extreme action. [/B]

I think the highlighted section above ( extreme action. ) could be considered by some a correct term as the potential action , of crashing out with no deal on WTO rules, favoured by some of the ERG , as a better option than the May deal, could be considered as extreme action, it could in the short term hurt a lot of people further down the food chain , with prices , job loss ,and the temporary supply chain of goods to the UK , so one could consider that as extreme action.
    I agree but considering at any given moment 30-40% of the public seem to want no deal why do we care what the 'will of the people' is? If it wasn't for the decision to force the government to give parliament we would be leaving the EU, getting May's withdrawal deal and an unknown future relationship because those extreme elements want no deal. This makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You have to realise that the last time Organ voted was just prior to when Warner Brothers released The Matrix. A Hollywood blockbuster starring Keanu Reeves that netted the studio hundreds of millions of dollars. It's central thrust is that most of us live in a simulated reality engineered by ....well, amongst others, global media companies such as Warner Brothers.

Only those with true enlightenment realise this so those voting in elections where your vote can be traced (I agree that this is possible) can be tracked down by the state whenever Judgment Day commences (usually on a Friday unless the global financial crash or WW III hasn't already pre-booked that slot)!
    Credit to you for acknowledging it's 'possible' although I would substitute that word for 'simplicity' in the interests of accuracy.

Quite recently I read a court report concerning a woman done for benefit fraud. She had been shacked-up with a bloke for years and hadn't bothered telling the social about him or the income he brought into the household. She was rumbled because he had a Just Eat account registered in his name at that address. Now, I will contend, when the state routinely mines that kind of data, which few would argue has any national security implications, then it would be very interested in surreptitiously profiling citizens' political preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think your right .

Within the Tory ranks there are actually some moderate thinkers (ironic I know, for some Labour voters to swallow , that the words moderate and Tory ,go together, lol)

There's a view in the moderate thinking Tory brigade, that the ERG are bloody dangerous extremists, noticed Mogg has said he has no interest in Leadership, he just likes a snipe at folk ,got no balls to put himself put there, takes a lot to become a leader and lead and push through unpopular decisions and choices ,so much easier to utter populist statements, and just disagree with other people's decisions and play to the media.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I agree but considering at any given moment 30-40% of the public seem to want no deal why do we care what the 'will of the people' is? If it wasn't for the decision to force the government to give parliament we would be leaving the EU, getting May's withdrawal deal and an unknown future relationship because those extreme elements want no deal. This makes no sense.
    No deal is a busted flush. Polls generally suggest a roughly equal split between LEAVE voters of those wanting a deal and those not wanting one. No deal in Westminster is a hard line act of wanting to not be bound by EU regulations on tax avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No deal is a busted flush. Polls generally suggest a roughly equal split between LEAVE voters of those wanting a deal and those not wanting one. No deal in Westminster is a hard line act of wanting to not be bound by EU regulations on tax avoidance.
    If there is a hard Brexit the politicians in Westminster can still be voted out, and new laws on tax avoidance can be written. It's more democratic than having one foot left inside the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yep none of it makes sense, other than there was a vote to leave , and the majority of parliament wants to remain ,its like the school master telling off the naughty child,because he considers himself wiser in all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    She's the turd who won't flush. Most of those 200 came from those she's given .gov jobs to.
    I think there are worse turds then her floating around, at least she is trying to unravel this mess set by others, however miss guided it may seem, your turd targeted should be spread wider .