+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Championship table...

Championship table...

If asked in August to predict who'd be in the top half of the Championship table come Christmas, I'd guess most of us on here would have had 10 right out of the current 12:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46546493

...but to predict which 6 will be at the top in April / May is a bit more tricky. Like last year, a hell of a scrap - what a league the Championship is

Re: Championship table...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    If asked in August to predict who'd be in the top half of the Championship table come Christmas, I'd guess most of us on here would have had 10 right out of the current 12:

...but to predict which 6 will be at the top in April / May is a bit more tricky. Like last year, a hell of a scrap - what a league the Championship is
    Best and hardest in the world

It’s got to be the league with the greatest depth of competition in the world. It’s great to know we have that competition to look forward to if we do fail to stay up

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

Why does that link send me to
    Breastfeeding Welcome Scheme: Middlesbrough first English club to join

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Why does that link send me to

no idea, mate - try this instead

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/championship

May - Norwich and Leeds top two and as is for play-off spots with either Forest or Villa (or both) getting into the playoffs.

It’s not that much different from the Premier League really. Top two with a five point lead. Three/four sides competing for European spots.

Ok. The top five/six are way ahead of the rest but I don’t see the championship as the holy grail for “real football”.

If it’s competitive football your after, we are actually one of seven teams now scrapping it out to stay in this league. It’s pretty much the same thing as being at the top of the championship in terms of guts and thunder....only difference being we are losing a lot more this season.

I wonder if Ipswich or Reading fans are loving the championship much. The last five ten games are well boring as well if you’re safe in mid table in the championship.

I think it’s over-romanticised.

As for breastfeeding, I’m onboard with that 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    May - Norwich and Leeds top two and as is for play-off spots with either Forest or Villa (or both) getting into the playoffs.

It’s not that much different from the Premier League really. Top two with a five point lead. Three/four sides competing for European spots.

Ok. The top five/six are way ahead of the rest but I don’t see the championship as the holy grail for “real football”.

If it’s competitive football your after, we are actually one of seven teams now scrapping it out to stay in this league. It’s pretty much the same thing as being at the top of the championship in terms of guts and thunder....only difference being we are losing a lot more this season.

I wonder if Ipswich or Reading fans are loving the championship much. The last five ten games are well boring as well if you’re safe in mid table in the championship.

I think it’s over-romanticised.

As for breastfeeding, I’m onboard with that 100%
    Well you can multiply that by two or three with the Premier League - I'd say that, already all teams like Bournemouth down to Brighton in the Premier League table have to look forward to is a possible cup run and the almost certainly forlorn hope that they could scrape a Europa League place - there will probably be a worry that they could still get involved in the relegation scrap, but that's very unlikely to happen.

If the Premier League was as unpredictable as the Championship is every year, then it truly would live up to all of the hype, but it's had it's one season when it was (15/16) and I can't see there beign another one any time soon.

I want us to stay up come May and would be a reluctant returner to the Championship, but I've always said that if we were to survive another couple of season beyond this one at this level, I would then be bored by the Premier League and would welcome a return to a division where you truly cannot tell in early August what the upcoming campaign has in store for you.

I agree with that TOBW. Before the start of the season I split the Prem into 3 groups 6 at the top, 7 mid table, 7 at the bottom. Apart from Watford & Southampton swapping the teams are all in the group I'd expecting them too be in. Mid table in the Prem tends to be fixed from the turn of the year

My main interest in the Championship is working out how and when Leeds will screw it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I agree with that TOBW. Before the start of the season I split the Prem into 3 groups 6 at the top, 7 mid table, 7 at the bottom. Apart from Watford & Southampton swapping the teams are all in the group I'd expecting them too be in. Mid table in the Prem tends to be fixed from the turn of the year
    While I agree the top 6 at the moment are fairly predictable because of their money but that was even disproved when Leicester a team with a smaller fan base than us won it and if Manchester City or Chelsea lost there backers they’d struggle! However the remaining 14 clubs are all fighting for the 7th place to get into Europe and to avoid relegation,it’s so competitive. I believe Burnley who finished 7th last season were closer to the relegated clubs than the top 6? They were the worse side I’ve seen this season and they should be relegated this year, and we are certainly a much bigger club than Burnley! While I agree we just have to survive this year, we should be aiming for 7th place next year and then someone with real money may want to invest! We are the Capital of Wales FFS,we should be in the Premier League,we already are 10th in the highest attendance league,we were in the Championship long enough, let’s look upward and onwards!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    My main interest in the Championship is working out how and when Leeds will screw it up again.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelo_Bielsa#Marseille

He led them to the symbolic title of "autumn champions" after they beat Lille OSC on Matchday 19 (on 21 December 2014) of the 2014–15 Ligue 1 season before they faded to finish fourth in Ligue 1 at the end of the season
    Praying for this.