+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: will he be missed

will he be missed

Strasbourg: Christmas market attacker 'shot dead'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46561574

Re: will he be missed

Not in my house. To be honest I didn't know him though. Just hope they got the right man!

I was in Berlin recently at the Christmas markets under the bombed out Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church where there was the lorry attcak a few years back. There is a very poignant memorial to those killed in the attack which has photos of those killed as well as names,ages and country of origin. It was very sad to see and made me realise just what an easy target these sorts of gatherings must be for the radicalised idiots intent on spreading the hatred and hurt of their religion. Very surprised we haven't had something similar in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    I was in Berlin recently at the Christmas markets under the bombed out Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church where there was the lorry attcak a few years back. There is a very poignant memorial to those killed in the attack which has photos of those killed as well as names,ages and country of origin. It was very sad to see and made me realise just what an easy target these sorts of gatherings must be for the radicalised idiots intent on spreading the hatred and hurt of their religion. Very surprised we haven't had something similar in this country.
    Yes and Berlin is a wonderful place , mu understanding from an the interview of one of the recent terrorists it was mentioned our security is very tough now , lots of CCTV , GCHQ listening tools /skills etc , and our borders are not so porous as France ,Germany , Belgium . making them easy targets .

Germans have been almost peace like and accepting and look what thanks they get ,french stayed out of the Iraq war ,Belgium not so involved either ,I dont buy into this theory were targets because of invasion,this was always going to happen no matter what .