+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Upper ninian stand

Upper ninian stand

Looking to buy tickets there for my brother in law for Christmas, what’s the views like from up there?

Re: Upper ninian stand

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Looking to buy tickets there for my brother in law for Christmas, what’s the views like from up there?
    Sat up there for the Wales match and it was great. I’ve always preferred a slightly higher view of the pitch but you don’t feel too far away up there either.

Great view up there.

Too high for me ,eyes are not great these days ,beware of 90 plus stairs

The views are excellent and facilities are pretty decent. The five flights of stairs are a challenge though there are a couple of lifts if he doesn't fancy working off the Christmas excess.

I moved my season ticket there from the grandstand. Great views. Can really see the game. No looking up the touch line to see what’s happening. Easier getting a drink / toilet. I’d recommend it. Singing not to loud etc. But a good mix in there.

I have my Wales ST up there and, as people have said, it's an excellent view. The stairs might put some off and the atmosphere is pretty subdued (at least for Wales games). Definitely worth trying out but I won't be moving from the Canton.

I was up there for the Southampton match (I think that was the 4th time there) and as others have said the views are fantastic - even for the older fan with fading eyesight (speaking for a friend!).

I have always tried to get a seat in the middle, and the advantage last weekend was that although windy, it was dry. I'm not sure if the ends of the stand with the open sides get wet in heavy rain, but in the middle it's fine with a massive roof overhang.

Wrap-up warm, don't expect too much from atmosphere, enjoy the fantastic views.

First Team

As others have said a great view up there.
    The downside was that I felt a little isolated from the atmosphere and therefore the game.As I am of an age where I don't get as emotionally involved these days this suited me but if you still like the standing up and letting the passion flow you might want to give it a miss.