+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Premier League's Weirdest Player

The Premier League's Weirdest Player

Re: The Premier League's Weirdest Player

Refers to Warnock as Colin W anker

The article seems a sneering piece of sarcasm dressed up to give feint praise to an honest hard working pro

Paterson deserves praise for his ability as well as his personality.'he deserves to be adored, albeit only after the 9PM watershed.' utter bollox.

I got bored after the first paragraph 😡

Written by a twelve year old who has swallowed a dictionary.

Bit wordy and pretentious, but I thought it was a positive piece with the message being that the Premier League could do with more players like Callum Paterson.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I got bored after the first paragraph 😡
    Yep, complete bollocks. I gave up after a couple of paragraphs about Christmas and nothing about Paterson

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bit wordy and pretentious, but I thought it was a positive piece with the message being that the Premier League could do with more players like Callum Paterson.
    Excellently written, funny, well-observed and complimentary to Paterson. Ironic, and somewhat off-the-wall, but it described a cult hero very well. Not many Premier League players have the personality to deserve such carefully considered opprobrium.

I thought it was ok. It’s not as funny as the writer probably thinks it is. Paterson is getting noticed though, no doubt about that. Couple of goals tomorrow will do him no harm.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I thought it was ok. It’s not as funny as the writer probably thinks it is. Paterson is getting noticed though, no doubt about that. Couple of goals tomorrow will do him no harm.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I agree with this, just a tad over-egged for my liking but there's no doubt he's inspiring would-be poetic scribes to wax lyrical.

Good on Paterson, he's a lovable character without doubt - and he's ours - and long may his antics continue. He's probably adding a couple of thousand or so to make the effort these days.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Excellently written, funny, well-observed and complimentary to Paterson. Ironic, and somewhat off-the-wall, but it described a cult hero very well. Not many Premier League players have the personality to deserve such carefully considered opprobrium.

This was my observation too. Some people taking things far too seriously on this forum imho.